This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fired and need unemployment in Montana Montana

I am curious to know how difficult it is to contest being denied unemployment after being fired for unknowingly breaking a rule of the institution I work for. I can't give the specifics here, but this rule was incredibly insignificant--nowhere near stealing, drinking on the job, etc. All I want to know is, do I have any chances of appealing and receiving unemployment while I look for another job, and, if so, do I need a lawyer? I understand that as a general rule, you are denied unemployment if you are fired. But I've heard that, in other states, often the side of the employee is taken in issues like this. I have an exemplary record at my institution, other than breaking this one minor rule that I didn't even know existed. I'm not interested in going back, I just want to know what my chances are of getting unemployment are.

Thanks a lot!

No one here can say whether you will receive UI or not - it will be up to the state. (& we don't know the rule that you broke) However, yes you have a chance of being approved if you appeal. Go ahead & appeal, you have nothing to lose.

It is not true that as a general rule you are denied UI if you are fired - normally you get it if you are fired but it's according to the reason you were fired. (usually it has to be something like gross misconduct not to receive it)

Here is a link on the appeal process. It is up to you if you want the services of a lawyer.
    http://uid.dli.mt.gov/bri/2008/incometax.asp#income
    Last edited by Betty3; 06-05-2008, 03:21 PM. Reason: add info
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X