This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requiring working off the clock Montana

My employer is now requiring us to take the deposits to the bank. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with running errands for my company, however, they are requiring that we do this off the clock without any compensation for gas, or travel time. They are threatening us with write-ups (up to termination) if we do not comply. What, if any recourse do I have?

Assuming that you are Non-Exempt, you can file a wage claim with your state's DOL for any hours worked and not paid.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

If you're non-exempt, you do have to be paid for the time. However, you can be terminated if your do not comply with your employer's request.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

However, in your state, the employer is not required by law to reimburse any of your expenses.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X