X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer Shoves, Arrests Pregnant Woman Over Loud Call

"Anonymous Sender" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] acolo.com...
    And you're right, it's really, really stupid to argue with a cop, but that doesn't give the cop the right to injure the suspect/perp either. The use of force doesn't fit with the crime, which was a pretty minor crime.
    Resisting arrest is not a minor crime, at least to the police.
    Resisting arrest is routine and usually minor, often police charge slightly resisting 'suspects' with resisting along with other charges to help ensure a guilty plea to one or more of them, while the resisting charges are almost always dropped.
    He tried to cuff her calmy,
    Cuff her for what, Resisting arrest? How calm, knocking a pregnant woman to the ground.
    she chucked a hissy fit.
    And he knocked her to the ground. Duh. What a sad man. I'll bet he will gain the problem cop label and eventually get the city sued and loose his job.
    we can certainly hope so.

Comment

MrPepper11 wrote:
      washingtonpost.com September 28, 2004 Between Metro and Cell User, a Disconnect Officer Shoves, Arrests Pregnant Woman Over Loud Call By Lyndsey Layton Washington Post Staff Writer Sakinah Aaron was walking into the bus area at the Wheaton Metro station several weeks ago, talking loudly on her Motorola cell phone. A little too loudly for Officer George Saoutis of the Metro Transit Police. The police officer told Aaron, who is five months pregnant, to lower her voice. She told the officer he had no right to tell her how to speak into her cell phone.
      Typical ****y American-African attitude. She deserved what she got.

Comment

The Punisher wrote:
        Whatever. Have you always been this ignorant?

--
        JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
        Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / [email protected]
        PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
        Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

Comment

"The Punisher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected] com...
          MrPepper11 wrote:
          washingtonpost.com September 28, 2004 Between Metro and Cell User, a Disconnect Officer Shoves, Arrests Pregnant Woman Over Loud Call By Lyndsey Layton Washington Post Staff Writer Sakinah Aaron was walking into the bus area at the Wheaton Metro station several weeks ago, talking loudly on her Motorola cell phone. A little too loudly for Officer George Saoutis of the Metro Transit Police. The police officer told Aaron, who is five months pregnant, to lower her voice. She told the officer he had no right to tell her how to speak into her cell phone.
          Nice name "The Punisher."
          Do you do children's birthday parties as well, or do you keep it to adult
          entertainment?
          hee hee ;-)
          V

Comment

This is typical of most people. A officer of the law asks you
            politely to stop doing something. Instead of being respectful and
            following the officers instructions let's tell the officer that "he
            had no right to tell her how to speak into her cell phone" and
            basically initiates a confrontation with an officer of the law.

Then later, when the officer does what he or she is paid to do, let's
            scream at the top of our voice that "I was abused, mistreated & it was
            racially motivated."

Personally, I would take her phone away, shove it down her throat and
            shoot her on the spot and then claim that it was self defense. "*****,
            whacked out and came at me with her cell phone held over her head. I
            was in fear for my life." This would just make things a lot easier
            all around.

Don't you think????

Unfortunately, because of the weak laws that we have in the U.S.A.,
            this person will now be entitled to sue the officer for God knows
            what, and sad to say, she stands a better than 50% chance of winning.

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:23:04 GMT, "V" <[email protected]> wrote:
            "The Punisher" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected] ast.rr.com...
            MrPepper11 wrote:
            Nice name "The Punisher."Do you do children's birthday parties as well, or do you keep it to adultentertainment?hee hee ;-)V

Comment

The Punisher <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected] .com>...
              MrPepper11 wrote:
              washingtonpost.com September 28, 2004

Wonder what her Baby Daddy thought about it?

Comment

The Quiet One wrote:
                Then later, when the officer does what he or she is paid to do, let's scream at the top of our voice that "I was abused, mistreated & it was racially motivated." Personally, I would take her phone away, shove it down her throat...
                This is NOT what officers are paid to do. You sound dangerous!

(KM)

Comment

The Quiet One wrote:
                  This is typical of most people. A officer of the law asks you politely to stop doing something. Instead of being respectful and following the officers instructions let's tell the officer that "he had no right to tell her how to speak into her cell phone" and basically initiates a confrontation with an officer of the law. Then later, when the officer does what he or she is paid to do, let's scream at the top of our voice that "I was abused, mistreated & it was racially motivated." Personally, I would take her phone away, shove it down her throat and shoot her on the spot and then claim that it was self defense. "*****, whacked out and came at me with her cell phone held over her head. I was in fear for my life." This would just make things a lot easier all around.
                  Y'all don't get it.

The woman WAS an *******, and rude, and ignorant on top of that.

However, I'm betting a whole bunch of you who are replying have never been
                  pregnant. I haven't either, seeing as how I'm male and can't carry a child...
                  but our family just went through a childbirth about six months ago. My wife had
                  to be very careful because if she got hurt, the fetus could suffer permanent
                  damage or perhaps even die (depending on how severe Mom's injuries were and
                  where they occurred). There are restrictions on a lot of physical activities
                  during pregnancy, too.

Should Mom have been cuffed? Yeah, if she was raising enough of a stink, I'd
                  say she should. But if that baby got hurt in any way, I hope she goes after the
                  city. There's NO reason to hurt the baby just because the cop was pissed at
                  Mom. Period. And if the cop isn't intelligent enough to be able to determine
                  that Mom was pregnant (if Mom was more than a month or so into the pregnancy),
                  he's a moron who doesn't deserve to have the job he has.

Of course, I'm sure some of you will come up with a reason to argue this
                  point... :P

--

Comment

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:33:41 GMT, "V" <[email protected]> wrote:
                    "tjab" <[email protected].umd.edu> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                    In article <[email protected]>, Steve Sobol <[email protected]> wrote:
                    Draco wrote:> He tried to cuff her calmy, she chucked a hissy fit.Just so I understand: was she simply yelling, or did she get physical?
                    And whatever the answer, whose word are you taking for it?
                    Do you trust a reporter, a police report, or oh....the video running in thecar?mmm...V

You've seen such a video tape, or are you just tossing gas on the
                    fire?

Comment

Your right. That's why I am not an officer.

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 15:01:28 -0400, [email protected] wrote:
                      The Quiet One wrote:
                      Then later, when the officer does what he or she is paid to do, let's scream at the top of our voice that "I was abused, mistreated & it was racially motivated." Personally, I would take her phone away, shove it down her throat...
                      This is NOT what officers are paid to do. You sound dangerous!(KM)

Comment

>> Typical ****y American-African attitude. She deserved what she got.
                        Nice name "The Punisher." Do you do children's birthday parties as well, or do you keep it to adult entertainment? hee hee ;-) V
                        Probabally just a cop.

Comment

>> Typical ****y American-African attitude. She deserved what she got.

Wonder what her Baby Daddy thought about it?
                          I don't know but lets say the guy down the street knocked her to the
                          ground like that for talking loud.

Comment

>>And he knocked her to the ground. Duh. What a sad man. I'll bet he will
                            gain the problem cop label and eventually get the city sued and loosehis job.
                            Great ain't it how the anonymous responder always has the definitiveanswer!
                            Sure simply fire his ***. If he knocks pregnant women to the ground like that,
                            he dosen't belong with the 'real men' of law enforcement.

Comment

"Steve Sobol" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                              news:[email protected]

Mom. Period. And if the cop isn't intelligent enough to be able to determine that Mom was pregnant (if Mom was more than a month or so into the pregnancy), he's a moron who doesn't deserve to have the job he has.
                              one month?!?! NOBODY is showing at one month. my wife is just starting
                              week 24
                              and she didnt start showing until about a month ago. even now, you still
                              cant tell when
                              she's wearing loose clothing and that's not abnormal.

Comment

Rob wrote:
                                "Steve Sobol" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                                Mom. Period. And if the cop isn't intelligent enough to be able todetermine that Mom was pregnant (if Mom was more than a month or so intothe pregnancy), he's a moron who doesn't deserve to have the job he has.
                                one month?!?! NOBODY is showing at one month.
                                It wasn't an exact number.

my wife is just starting
                                week 24 and she didnt start showing until about a month ago. even now, you still cant tell when she's wearing loose clothing
                                My kid was tiny, relatively speaking. Just a smidge under six pounds birth
                                weight. No, mom wasn't showing during the first month, but it was long before
                                the fifth month that she started showing. You're six months into the pregnancy
                                and she just started showing within the last month? Sounds like your baby is
                                going to be *really* small. I hope it is born healthy.
                                and that's not abnormal.
                                Eh, I don't know about that. It may not be all that rare, but I wouldn't call
                                it *normal.*

--

Comment

Working...
                                X