X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officer Shoves, Arrests Pregnant Woman Over Loud Call

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:12:19 +0000, Ron Miller
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    You don't argue with the law eh? Would that be the same 'law' thatsodomizes men with a billyclub? Would that be the same law that pulls overa woman on a traffic infraction - then rapes and strangles her? Would thatbe the same law that fires 40+ bullets at an unarmed man? Decentintelligent lawmen deserve respect. All to often these types are a rarity.
    You are grasping at straws. The officer asked her to quiet down and
    she mouthed off to him. Should the officer have just let it go?
    Whether you like the pigs or not you *do not* mouth off to an officer.
    If you do you'll likely suffer the consequences. That's how things
    work in the real world. It's also likely that when he first
    confronted her that he was not aware that she was pregnant. Also
    being pregnant does not give you an excuse for being inconsiderate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

"Ron Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
      news[email protected]
      Joseph wrote:
      And you don't think the woman had any responsibility to use her phone responsibly? She was asked to keep her voice down and she mouthed off to the officer and ignored the request. You just *don't* argue with an officer of the law. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      You don't argue with the law eh? Would that be the same 'law' that sodomizes men with a billyclub? Would that be the same law that pulls over a woman on a traffic infraction - then rapes and strangles her? Would that be the same law that fires 40+ bullets at an unarmed man? Decent intelligent lawmen deserve respect. All to often these types are a rarity. A policeman using force on a pregnant woman not engaged in any form of violence is the lowest form of life we can encounter in our society. Such people should be met with a louisville-slugger on the head followed by handcuffing - then kicked to the gutter.
      This reminds me of the "96 year old gramma" getting arrested and cuffed.....so
      if the "fragile" break the law, just let 'em go, they just say "saweee" and
      move on.
      mmmkay.
      ::making note::
      Arrest. Cuff (sometimes prior to arrest for safety purposes). Place in back of
      patrol car.
      Policy.
      V

Comment

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:31:59 -0700, Joseph <[email protected]>
        wrote:
        And you don't think the woman had any responsibility to use her phoneresponsibly? She was asked to keep her voice down and she mouthed offto the officer and ignored the request. You just *don't* argue withan officer of the law.

Says who?

Comment

"Bob Ward" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected]
          On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:31:59 -0700, Joseph <[email protected]> wrote:
          And you don't think the woman had any responsibility to use her phoneresponsibly? She was asked to keep her voice down and she mouthed offto the officer and ignored the request. You just *don't* argue withan officer of the law.
          Says who?
          Exactly. They're just people, they aren't any better than you or I and I'm
          sure as hell not going to back
          down from one if I think I'm in the right or they are going beyond the
          bounds of their authority.

Comment

Joseph wrote:
            And you don't think the woman had any responsibility to use her phone responsibly? She was asked to keep her voice down and she mouthed off to the officer and ignored the request. You just *don't* argue with an officer of the law.
            Did you read my correction to my own post? I typo'd.

And you're right, it's really, really stupid to argue with a cop, but that
            doesn't give the cop the right to injure the suspect/perp either. The use of
            force doesn't fit with the crime, which was a pretty minor crime.

--
            JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, http://JustThe.net/
            Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / [email protected]
            PGP Key available from your friendly local key server (0xE3AE35ED)
            Apple Valley, California Nothing scares me anymore. I have three kids.

Comment

In article <[email protected] >,
              [email protected] (Anna) wrote:
              Sheesh. It's not like a uterus is made of Waterford crystal. It isn't as though you can shake out a fetus like candy from a pinata. Nor is a 5 months In Pig belly big enough to make her body rest solely on her abdomen. On some women, you can't tell at 5 months. All the knocked up girls in my high school took gym (volleyball, raquestball, basketball etc.). Regardless, she was face down on the ground because of her own actions---being an in pig mama doesn't get you off the hook. How hard is it so say "Whatever, officer" and go on with your life and ignore the asshattery he may have exhibited? She certainly wasn't doing any of this in an effort to teach him about effective community policing techiques. It appears that the cop couldn't cuff her otherwise---and yes sometimes there are cops and criminals who can do the handcuff dance upright. So she--the adult--threw a tantrum. All we can do is pray for that pweshus lil chyylldd--becasue that kid has no chance.
              LOL. Do analogies, allegories and metaphorical references come naturally
              to you or do you have to practice? I actually spend time thinking of
              ways to say things like you do. It is great fun.

Comment

Steve Sobol <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
                Joseph wrote:
                And you don't think the woman had any responsibility to use her phone responsibly? She was asked to keep her voice down and she mouthed off to the officer and ignored the request. You just *don't* argue with an officer of the law.
                Did you read my correction to my own post? I typo'd. And you're right, it's really, really stupid to argue with a cop, but that doesn't give the cop the right to injure the suspect/perp either. The use of force doesn't fit with the crime, which was a pretty minor crime.
                Resisting arrest is not a minor crime, at least to the police.

He tried to cuff her calmy, she chucked a hissy fit.

Draco

Comment

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 02:07:52 GMT, Bob Ward <[email protected]> wrote:
                  On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 06:31:59 -0700, Joseph <[email protected]>wrote:
                  Says who?
                  Hey, go for it! When you get wrestled to the ground don't come
                  whining here.

Comment

Draco wrote:
                    Just so I understand: was she simply yelling, or did she get physical?

--

Comment

"tjab" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                      In article <[email protected]>, Steve Sobol <[email protected]> wrote:
                      Draco wrote:
                      And whatever the answer, whose word are you taking for it?
                      Do you trust a reporter, a police report, or oh....the video running in the
                      car?
                      mmm...
                      V

Comment

tjab wrote:
                        Draco wrote:
                        Gotta take SOMEONE's...

--

Comment

>> And you're right, it's really, really stupid to argue with a cop, but
                          that doesn't give the cop the right to injure the suspect/perp either. The use of force doesn't fit with the crime, which was a pretty minor crime.
                          Resisting arrest is routine and usually minor, often police charge slightly
                          resisting 'suspects' with resisting along with other
                          charges to help ensure a guilty plea to one or more of them,
                          while the resisting charges are almost always dropped.
                          He tried to cuff her calmy,
                          Cuff her for what, Resisting arrest? How calm, knocking a pregnant
                          woman to the ground.
                          she chucked a hissy fit.
                          And he knocked her to the ground. Duh. What a sad man. I'll bet he will
                          gain the problem cop label and eventually get the city sued and loose
                          his job.

Comment

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 08:43:03 +0000 (UTC), Anonymous Sender
                            <[email protected]> wrote:
                            And you're right, it's really, really stupid to argue with a cop, but that doesn't give the cop the right to injure the suspect/perp either. The use of force doesn't fit with the crime, which was a pretty minor crime.
                            Resisting arrest is routine and usually minor, often police charge slightlyresisting 'suspects' with resisting along with othercharges to help ensure a guilty plea to one or more of them,while the resisting charges are almost always dropped.
                            He tried to cuff her calmy,
                            Cuff her for what, Resisting arrest? How calm, knocking a pregnantwoman to the ground.
                            she chucked a hissy fit.
                            And he knocked her to the ground. Duh. What a sad man. I'll bet he willgain the problem cop label and eventually get the city sued and loosehis job.
                            Great ain't it how the anonymous responder always has the definitive
                            answer!

Comment

In article <[email protected]>, V <[email protected]> wrote:
                              "tjab" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                              In article <[email protected]>, Steve Sobol <[email protected]> wrote: >Draco wrote: > >> He tried to cuff her calmy, she chucked a hissy fit. > >Just so I understand: was she simply yelling, or did she get physical? And whatever the answer, whose word are you taking for it?Do you trust a reporter, a police report, or oh....the video running in thecar? Why do you ask?
                              Why is it that you are asking, young grasshopper?
                              Whose word are you taking?
                              V

Comment

"V" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                                Draco wrote:> He tried to cuff her calmy, she chucked a hissy fit.Just so I understand: was she simply yelling, or did she get physical?
                                Do you trust a reporter, a police report, or oh....the video running in the car? mmm... V
                                how is car involved when the cop was a DC transit cop who is not going to
                                have a car anywhere near him. he probably doesn't even have
                                one assigned to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X