Pending investigation against employer Missouri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending investigation against employer Missouri

My previous employer decided to stop paying me. I called him and told him I would not work for free and stopped coming in. He assured me I would get my pay up until the point of my voluntary termination. All contact with him stopped and he wouldn't return any calls, texts, or emails.
    I called the US Dept of Labor Wage and Hour division and spoke to a woman about my situation. I found out that not only was I owed for the hours I worked, but I was also eligible for overtime pay. She said she would try and contact him and after two months was finally able to talk to him. He refused to pay even after talking to a government official.
    The lady then told me that the wage and hour division would perform an investigation into his business which includes several franchises out of state. I'm afraid I may not get my money for some time.

Has anyone else been through this? It's not that much money that he owes me. I'm mostly just angry that because of his refusal to pay I came close to delinquency on several bills.

Any advice is appreciated.

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Bmora_kc View Post
    My previous employer decided to stop paying me. I called him and told him I would not work for free and stopped coming in. He assured me I would get my pay up until the point of my voluntary termination. All contact with him stopped and he wouldn't return any calls, texts, or emails.
    I called the US Dept of Labor Wage and Hour division and spoke to a woman about my situation. I found out that not only was I owed for the hours I worked, but I was also eligible for overtime pay. She said she would try and contact him and after two months was finally able to talk to him. He refused to pay even after talking to a government official.
    The lady then told me that the wage and hour division would perform an investigation into his business which includes several franchises out of state. I'm afraid I may not get my money for some time.

Has anyone else been through this? It's not that much money that he owes me. I'm mostly just angry that because of his refusal to pay I came close to delinquency on several bills.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Someone MAY come along WHO HAS been through this with better advice than mine, but I think they'd say the same as I, just hang in there, this issue could take several months to several years to be resolved.
    Good Luck.
    ..______________
    ~ Free advice is like a public defender,
    you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Comment

I believe you will just have to wait until they complete their investigation. Good luck in getting your pay.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I'm not sure what else you are looking to have happen. You reported it and it is being investigated. You can't rush the investigation nor have any control over the outcome.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X