This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Employee lying to recieve Un-employment! Missouri

We had a former employee who fabricated numerous lies when appealing his un-employment denial. The Labor Commission overturned (I forgot to call in our phone prior to hearing) and has turned down our attempted appeal request (without any reason given). Now we are told we will need to hire a lawyer, and go to court (with us paying the legal fees). I can only assume the Commission is over-run and simply does not want to deal with it?
    I was handling the appeal, and simply forgot to read the notice about prior calling to register our office phone number for the Appeal hearing (however have had the same phone number for over 20 years!).
    Is our only recourse to hire a lawyer (and spend bucks!)? Every point brought up by former employee was a lie, and crafted to allow him to collect benefits (he simply quit coming to work).

You can contact an attorney, but I'm sure even a lawyer would be able to get this back into appeal stage. You missed the hearing.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Kinda burning

Yeah, I called the appeal office about 7 minutes after hearing time (and I noticed the "phone number" requirement in the brochure) and was told by gal at the commission office that I could " just appeal" if disagreed with findings. But then when I attempted the appeal immediately upon getting the notice of the overturned award I was then told could not appeal. No reason given from Commission. So basically, gotta put up some money, or let this character take some money from our fund? Like I said, this guy simply quit coming to work and I really like for "our" fund monies to go to legitimately laid off employees! Thanks!

Comment

You can probably get a relatively low-cost consultation with an attorney to discuss your options. But I have to say that, realistically, how much is one claim going to increase your SUI rate? Enough to be worth paying an attorney?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Yeah, gotta agree, it just bothers me that he's getting away with it. Since the Gov. has extended benefits, it could cost our fund significantly over the next 52weeks or so. If he keeps drawing it, then forget "hustling" to get another job, heck he wouldn't come to work when he had one!!
          Thanks for the reply and yeah, gotta agree that cost of time vs. savings may not make sense! But D____ it agravates me!

Comment

Originally posted by oldrog View Post
            But D____ it agravates me!
            It would me, too. But you need to pick your battles sometimes.

Comment

Working...
            X