This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working for two companies, only getting paid by one

In Mississippi is it legal to have one employee working for two companies owned by the same person, but only be compensated by one company.

Is the employee being compensated for all the hours he worked?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

two jobs one company

yes and no. It's doing two different jobs at the same time. So basically I work for the main company full-time (8 - 5) and probably 3 or 4 hours out of the day I am doing work for both companies simultaneously.

Comment

As long as you are being paid from 8-5 (assuming you are a nonexempt) employee, it doesn't make any difference that one of the companies is paying your entire pay, even though part of your day is spent working for the other company.

And if you are an exempt employee, it still doesn't make any difference, as long as you get your guaranteed weekly salary from one of them.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X