Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

return leave when time is made up in same week, different pay period Mississippi

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• return leave when time is made up in same week, different pay period Mississippi

I am a non-exempt employee, who is on-call after hours, work weeks run Saturday through Sunday, the company pays bi-monthly. Let's say the current pay period ends on a Monday and I am only able to work 6 hours for that Monday so I put in leave for the other 2. However, I make the two hours up later during the week (a different pay period, but the same work week) because of after hours calls. My company says I log all additional time as straight time but cannot rescind the leave from Monday which is giving me 42 hours for the week. A previous company I worked for would allow me to adjust the previous timecard and rescind the leave from Monday thus leaving me 40 hours worked and no leave used. I realize that OT does not into play in this situation...what I want is my leave back!! Who is right? Or is this determined by the individual company?

• Pattymd
    replied
    It is determined by the company. The law does not regulate leave to this extent (in fact, in your state, they don't regulate it at all). Overtime is legally due only when you actually work more than 40 hours in a workweek.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X