X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about to blow a whistle Michigan

and was fired_how do you think UE would view that? I have proof in writing
    of the intention__employer has a bag of false accusations for firing

It will be up to the state to decide whether you qualify for UI benefits or not. We
    have no way of knowing what they will decide.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

seems there are laws protecting employees

concerning whistle blowing, I think that's why I was fired,
      yes, it's all up to whoever be the judge, no doubt
      so a better question___any opinions?

Comment

Our opinion doesn't count but .....

Who were you going to blow the whistle to?

How did they find out you were going to blow the whistle?

What reason did they give for your termination?
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And what whistle were you going to blow?
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You haven't given enough info for anyone here to really give an informed answer.

But one thing you need to do is check any state laws that apply to your "whistleblowing" situation. Most state's whistleblower protections only apply if you actually went outside the company and reported some kind of wrongdoing to an outside authority. Very few states (mine, NJ, is included) provide whistleblower protection for individuals who report wrongdoing internally within a company, and even they merely threaten to blow the whistle but have not done so.

So you need to see if Michigan protects you as a whistleblower when you "were about to blow a whistle."

Comment

whistle blowing state laws

Thanks for the inputs, here and above.
              I'm considering to go to an outside state agency that oversees services for the disabled population, in which the company who services them was(my last employer).
              With intent to open an investigation on said company.
              I will check the laws, but do believe possibly fired, for making the statement (in writing),
              just wondering how UI might consider that being the cause of my firing the following day; employer just made up some false accusations to 'fire' me.
              Thanks

Comment

We need the answers to *all* the above questions but I definitely would like
                to know what reason they gave you for your termination.

Comment

I had success in this kind of situation back when you could file for UI via snail mail - I attached an addendum explaining the situation, and included documents for proof. I was granted unemployment right away. I don't know if your state has that avenue, but it's worth a try.
                  I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

answers

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                    Our opinion doesn't count but .....

Who were you going to blow the whistle to?

How did they find out you were going to blow the whistle?

What reason did they give for your termination?
                    1.to a state agency, 2. through an email, 3. all lies_anyway__very lame and unwarranted
                    nothing 'major'
                    and yes, i think your opinions are valuable, thanks...p.s. a 'loud' whistle!

Comment

submitting docs

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
                      I had success in this kind of situation back when you could file for UI via snail mail - I attached an addendum explaining the situation, and included documents for proof. I was granted unemployment right away. I don't know if your state has that avenue, but it's worth a try.
                      thaks, I have proof that I made the statement in email,, and can submit that_if an appeal for UI.
                      Were you also fired for considering or taking action against employer?

Comment

I don't know what reason your employer might have given the UI folks for
                        your termination but if you are denied UI, you can appeal. During the appeal,
                        just tell the truth & your side of the story.

Comment

recieving UI for being fired due to intent to 'whistle blow' on employer

anyone have this experience?
                          I am building my 'appeal' case, and am well aware of the procedures.

Comment

Were you also fired for considering or taking action against employer?
                            No, I quit. Which makes it even harder to get UI. But in my case, I had the smoking gun on a felony.
                            I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Working...
                            X