This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 week notice Michigan

I gave my employer 2 week notice. I asked him if I would be able to work out those 2 weeks and he said yes, i dont see a problem with that. 3 days later they brought me in and said that they are accepting my notice of resignation as off that moment. Am I entilitled to compensation for those 2 weeks because of the verbal contract of that I was going to be allowed to work out those two weeks?

Generally speaking, an employer can accept your resignation early & only needs to pay you for time actually worked.

Since you have no written agreement that you could work out the two weeks, I doubt the verbal acknowledgment would qualify as an enforceable contract. You could try suing in small claims court for payment of that time.

You can hold & see if you get other opinions.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I don't have another opinion, Betty3.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Ok, Pattymd, thanks for letting me know.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X