This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gave my Noticed then released.

I worked for a Employee at will company. I gave them 2 weeks notice. 2 days into the notice I was released. They are saying that they are only going to pay me through the day they released me.

Can they do that or do they have to pay me through my date of notice?

Thanks

Yes, they can do that. No, they do not have to pay you through your notice period.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I'm no lawyer

I'm no lawyer so take my advice with a grain of salt, but this happened to a friend of mine. I believe since you were let go (and technically didn't quit) you have the right to collect unemployment.

Someone who truly knows what they are talking about may want to confirm or deny what I just said, but I did see it successfully happen to a friend less than a year ago.

Comment

Whether or not you would qualify for unemployment is strictly up to the state. However, even if you did, you would probably only qualify for the period through your original notice date anyway. And, if there is a 7-day waiting period, as there is in many states, it's not going to amount to much, if anything.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X