This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminating my Position in MA

This is the oddest of any experience I have ever had with an employer. My boss has been hounding me for months! Literally looking for things to harp on me about, and has even harped on me about things that didn't even involve me. I have sucked this up for months up until the past couple of weeks, I noticed that she has been unbelievably nice to me. After lunch I was pulled into her office and informed that my position was being terminated and that I was offered another position in the company. Which was fine. BUT with this new position I am now required to work every other weekend and holidays! How does that constitute being EQUAL to my current position where I don't have to work holidays or weekends? I have a family and I need a job. What are my rights on this? Mind you, I have been with this company for 5 years. I do all that is asked of me and more.. and conveniently they just had 2 BRAND new PC towers brought into the office AFTER I was informed that my position was being cut! How odd is that?

They are not required to give you an equivalent position; in fact, they are not required to give you another position at all.

The ONLY time they are required to give you an equivalent position is if you have been out on protected medical leave (FMLA) and they had to fill your position while you are out. If your position is being eliminated, they have no obligation to offer you ANY position, let alone an equivalent one.

It's your choice what to do, but nothing in your post suggests that any laws have been violated.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X