This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment law ma

help!!! I am appealing an unemployment decision because of " non-compelling personal reasons". I am 31 weeks pregnant and took a per diem job but could not continue due to medical issues with the baby. I was originally approved but now am denied because I made too much money and my per diem employer says I quit voluntarily. What should I bring to the appeal? I have a doc letter.

You've got two problems to overcome that I can see, and I'm not sure you can overcome both of them.

MA law does not pay unemployment if you quit for non-compelling reasons. They also do not pay unemployment unless you are able to work and actively looking for work.

If you quit for medical reasons, you're going to run into the second one - you are not able to work or actively seeking work; therefore you do not qualify. But if you claim that you ARE able to work and are actively seeking work, then what's your compelling reason to quit?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X