This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paid by commission/allowed ot over 40?-MA

I work for a Massachusetts company delivering rental uniforms, I'm paid commission of the weekly revenue delivered. I'm also a member of the teamsters local 25, we currently have a contract between the teamsters and the company I work for. My question is, hours worked over 40 hours, am I eligable for overtime pay?

What does the contract say?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

MA-Overtime con't

In our contract with the Teamsters and my Company an Article in the contract dealing with...Hours of work: Guarantee: Overtime pay: Starting time.....This section talks about everything except overtime compesation.

Article dealing w/ Compensation, states: For persons employed on July 1,1998- compensation for these employees will be based solely on a commission plan describe below:
      Lists.....Comm. Plan.....Comm. Schedule.....Commission.....Misc.....

Misc section (f) talks about exceeding our ceiling cap, and Rte. Reps not exceeding 48 hrs, If we do exceed that 48 hrs in a week, we will be paid a flat 15.00 per hr or a fraction thereof in excess of 48 hrs. The contract does not deal w/ hours over 40, except in the instance of exceeding 48 hrs.

Does ovetime exist for us, with the info provided ?

Comment

Working...
      X