This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schedule issues Massachusetts

I work in the hospitality bussiness as a full time waitress, and my days off are changing every week because partners with seniority are getting the steady two days off they want. That way, they can plan their life, appointments, etc. But i really can't do that, cause the manager post the schedule almost the last day of the week. As example: for the company, last day of the week are thursdays, and the first of the next one are fridays, so they post the schedule for the next week every wednesdays at noon. Is there any law or regulation that force them to post schedules before that?. That would help me a lot to organize mi life and time.

No, I'm sorry but there isn't.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Nope, sorry, governments do not regulate how companies make out schedules or how soon they have to post them.

I think it is idiotic to post the schedule for Monday, Oct 30 through Sunday, November 5 on Sunday, October 29, but it happens.

Darn inconvenient when schedules are irregular and moreso when some folks are given first pick of shifts available.

But not illegal.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Working...
      X