This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused vacation time Massachusetts

Another question. I resigned recently, should I expect payment for unused vacation time? My company policy is that any unused vacation time is lost if not used.

My understanding of Massachusetts final pay statute is that your final pay should include vacation (in accordance with your company's plan). If your company has a forfeiture policy then I highly doubt you'd receive a payout on unsued vacation.

Comment

MA law requires accrued vacation be paid at termination. Use-it-or-lose-it policies are not allowed. You can file a claim with the Attorney General's office, which serves as the Dept. of Labor in Massachusetts.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Patty is correct; however, keep in mind that you are only owed whatever you have already accrued by your last day of work; NOT all the time you would have earned had you remained with the company all year.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X