This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Contract Massachusetts

I need to draw up a contract to work for a hedge fund as a compliance manager. I do not have hire/fire ability. Is there a firm or law service which can do this, and what are some of the aspects of the contracts I should include?

What I know about hedge funds you can put in a thimble and it'll rattle. This is without question not a do it yourself project. You very definitely need to get professional assistance to take care of this, but we can't make specific referrals here for liability reasons.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Ditto, cbg (again). Whether working as an independent contractor or as an employee, if there is to be a binding contract and not simply some loosey-goosey arrangement, you need professional help that can do that for you.

The items you want to cover will depend upon your status (IC vs. employee). Federal and state labor laws will give you some protection, even if the terms are not included in a contract. Not so for ICs.

Originally posted by cbg View Post
      What I know about hedge funds you can put in a thimble and it'll rattle.
      LOL.

cyjeff will steal that phrase.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

That's okay, I've stolen one or two from him.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Actually, I would have used "you could put everything I know about hedge funds in your eye and you wouldn't even blink" but I like yours better.

Learn something new everyday.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
          X