This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice Requirement for Reduction of Wages Massachusetts

I am looking for the legal citation (MGL or otherwise) that states the amount of notice an employer must provide before reducing wages. Thanks.

I could be mistaken, and someone will tell me if I am, but I don't believe there is a statutory amount of time that must be provided. As far as I know, as long as the employee is notified prior to working any hours at the new rate, it can be a day, a pay period, or an hour.

Phil? Patty? rjc?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Not that I know of. I think there is a state or two which requires as long as 30 days, but I don't believe MA is one of them.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I'm aware of no such requirement in MA.
        This post is by Philip Gordon, a Massachusetts employment attorney (www.gordonllp.com).

This post is NOT legal advice. It is for general/educational information purposes only. You should not rely on this post if you are making decisions, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post may be considered "advertising" under the MA professional rules for attorneys.

Comment

Working...
        X