This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMLA Massachusetts-2ND TIME AROUND

I Have Been Employed Since August Of 2005. I Went Out On Maternity Leave October 27, 2005. I Returned From Leave On Feb 5 2006. I Work Over 40 Hours A Week. My Company Have Over 100 Employees. I Took Maternity Leave In Ri, I Know Have Transfered To A Ma Branch.
    Am I Eligible For Any Remaining Fmla?

Depends on how your company computes FMLA. Do they do it by calendar year or rolling year. I would contact your HR department.
    -----------------------------------------
    98% of the population is asleep. The other 2% are staring around in complete amazement, abject terror, or both.

Comment

Please do not capitalize every word. It makes your post very hard to read.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Fmla And Std

Ok So What If My Company's Std Insurance Carrier Approves A My Benefits, But The Company Does Not Approve My Leave Thru Fmla. Or Does Not Secure My Job. Will I Still Be Able To Collect On The Std Benefits?
        I Have Been Told My Job Is Not Secured, But I Have Been Approved For The Std Benefits Thru The Carrier.

Comment

Again, please do not capitalize each word. You will cease to receive any more answers if you continue.

Just because you've been approved to receive STD benefits (which are income replacement, not leave time) does not mean your job is protected. STD benefits do NOT provide job protection. FMLA provides job protection. If you have used up all available FMLA, (which is going to depend on what method your employer uses - there is more than one legal way of doing so) then your employer has no legal obligation to hold your job for you, whether you have been approved for STD or not.

Whether or not you will still be able to collect STD if the FMLA is not approved, will depend entirely on the STD policy. Massachusetts, unlike RI, does not have a state disabilty plan.

The state in which you took FMLA does not matter to your FMLA eligibility. You don't get a new 12 weeks by changing locations.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

thanks

thanks- i just learned how to uncap the messages. sorry for annoying you so. but i am greatful for your answers.

Comment

It's less a matter of annoying, as that posts in all caps or with each word capitalized are very hard to read. Since all the responders here are volunteers, they aren't going to bother with posts that they can't read easily.

Glad our answers helped.

Comment

Out Of Work 4 Weeks

my doctor is requiring me to take 4 weeks off while under treatment for depression/anxiety.
                i started a claim with company's std insurance carrier. the intake person asked for my supervisers name and phone number.
                what will they be calling to verify?
                will she ask about my behavior and symptoms that i stated as reasons for being unable to work?
                again this is the real jerk of a manager, she's just a high end jerk, not breaking any laws...

Comment

Every std/ltd carrier that I have worked with just calls to verify your last day worked and your rate of pay.
                  Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Working...
                  X