This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bartender Massachusetts

I am a bartender, and was hired specifically to do that. I have done this for 20 years. The manager has decided to force the bartenders to do waitress shifts in the dining room? I have never waitressed in my life. I was not hired to do that. They threatened firing if not.

Please advise!

Sure they can. I've waited tables for 14 years and tended bar for 5. Neither one is rocket science. Waiting tables is the exact same process as tending bar, only after you get them their drinks you have to bring them food, too.

Comment

More importantly, it is not illegal for them to ask you to take on extra duties or to fire you if you don't perform them.

Rarely do you get to tell an employer what your job is.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I agree

I worked as a bartender for 6 years, and where I worked was half bar, the other half a restaurant. My job was to bartend, but if they were short, I would waitress for them. Why not hon, the tips are great!

Comment

Working...
        X