This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Pay? Massachusetts

About a month ago I was promoted to a new position at work. I was told I would receive a new salary once all the paper work had been filed. It was sent to the appropriate offices right away. A month later, I am still being told it is being processed and there is nothing that can be done about it. I will receive "retro pay" when it is completed. Is there any time frame that is required by law for this process? How much longer can they drag this out?

Without an enforceable contract that requires this raise, they can "drag it out" indefinitely, although I see no indication that this is their plan. There is no law that requires you get a salary increase ever (unless you are making minimum wage and the minimum wage is increased by legislative action). Ergo, no time frame required by law either. Be patient.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I should also add that without a legally enforceable contract, they are not *required* to make the raise retroactive. It sounds as if they are doing what they can to get this taken care of, and they are doing more than is required by law.

Meaning no disrespect, don't rock the boat.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
      X