X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unauthorized withdraw from checking Massachusetts Massachusetts

Duplicate Post, sorry
    Last edited by emilytah; 06-12-2006, 03:16 PM.

Duplicate post
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Yes sorry, I put it in the labor lawa thread before I realized it was broken down by state

Comment

Either is fine. But it's very confusing when some of the answers are in one place and some are in another, and all the responders read all the forums. So we request people to pick ONE place and post there. Your choice where you choose to put it.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Taking money....

The employer has the right to do this within 5 business days of the direct deposit. ACH (Automated Clearing House) rules do state that you have to remove exactly to the penny what was put in. That would be why they would have taken the whole paycheck back. You did not metion but when any of my clients face this (I work for a payroll service company), we advise to put the corrected amount back in on the same ACH file. I would have hoped that your former employer did this. The rule was put in place to help advert mispayments by employers to the wrong accounts via direct deposit. Hope this helps!!

Comment

bowlmeover, the question was asked and answered (by you) in another forum. This thread is a duplicate and we are trying not to have answers in two different places. Please do not respond to threads that have been marked as duplicate.

Comment

Working...
            X