This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show up time, MA

If I show up for my scheduled work day and for what ever reason the foreman tells us to go home am I entitled to some pay in MA? I know that federal laws do not require it but some States do. Is MA one of the States that require Show up time pay. If yes, how many hours must an employer pay?

MA does indeed have a reporting pay regulation:

455 CMR 2.03(1), amended in 2003, deals with “show-up” pay, or reporting pay. It states very that if an employee is “scheduled to work 3 or more hours” and reports for duty, then she gets paid for at least 3 hours. So, if you showed up for work that morning, he must pay you, even if he told you to leave for the rest of the day.

Phil
    This post is by Philip Gordon, a Massachusetts employment attorney (www.gordonllp.com).

This post is NOT legal advice. It is for general/educational information purposes only. You should not rely on this post if you are making decisions, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post may be considered "advertising" under the MA professional rules for attorneys.

Comment

Working...
    X