This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation payout in MASS

I recently gave my notice at my place of employment. It was however effective immediatley due to minor surgey I had the week prior. I recently found out that i will not be paid my vacation time that i had accrued due to the fact that I didnt give the customary two weeks notice. I was under the immpression that in Mass they are required to give you your vaca pay when departing, whether it be by being fired or resigning. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.....Chris

You'd need to look at your plan, because paid vacation is not required. But in general, if paid vacation days are earned, the law requires they be paid out upon termination.
    This post is by Philip Gordon, a Massachusetts employment attorney (www.gordonllp.com).

This post is NOT legal advice. It is for general/educational information purposes only. You should not rely on this post if you are making decisions, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. This post may be considered "advertising" under the MA professional rules for attorneys.

Comment

Working...
    X