Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question About Time Clock Rounding And Requirements for Equipment Operation in Maryla

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Time Clock Rounding And Requirements for Equipment Operation in Maryla

Hi I work for a company that seems to be doing some sketchy things with the time clock.
    We work 10 hour days and our breaks our paid breaks. I normally check in around 5:46 and we cant check out until 4:23 the time on the card will read 9:00 hrs total time if we check out any time before 4:23 Our time cards will read 8:45 total time. If we check out out 4 Our time cards will read 8:30 total time When we stay late and work over time they seem to deduct most of the time. For example, I volunteered to stay late and finish the work we had left and we finished and clocked out at 5:55. That is almost two hours over time. But my time card said i got 1:15 overtime. Is this legal for them to do?

Also another thing i just noticed the other day was something printed on the back of one of the Power Jacks we use.
    It said federal law prohibits anyone from operating with out being a certified operator and taking the proper classes. I have to use one all the time and Ive never taken any courses on operating one. before I started working there i had no experience using one and they had someone show me how to use it who also had no prior experience until working there.

• ElleMD
    replied
    A little late to the party but here is the page to the OSHA Guidelines for pallet jacks and forklifts http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/poweredindustrialtrucks/

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    re hrs. worked incl. time clock info - Title 29, Part 785 (hours worked)

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text...1.2.45.4.440.3

Leave a comment:

• panther10758
    replied
    Have you reported this concern to your supervisor?

Leave a comment:

• JamesatHahns
    replied
    What about The operation of power jacks. It said we need to be certified operators and I'm not certified and i have to use it to take pallets out of the room.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    Ignore the time clock for the moment. The issue is paying based on hours actually worked, not hours clocked.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X