This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Termination Papers Maryland

If you are terminated do you receive termination papers and does Maryland Law require this? I don't want to be screwed over like one of my workers. I was told to fire an employee a few years ago and she did not get any paper work. Long story short she was going to win her unemployment case but because I knew the firing was not legit. Well they changed it and told unemployment they had suspended her for 3 weeks. Which screwed her really bad. I don't want that to happen to me. That's the only reason I'm asking about the papers. Our company has won maybe 3% of the unemployment cases they tried to fight.

Maryland law does not require any "termination papers".
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If they have only won 3% of the cases, why the added concern? Tell the truth, don't get upset or frustrated and point out any inaccuracies they state and you'll be fine.
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Working...
      X