This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Abusive Employer Spoiled Little Brat

I am considered an exempt employee, but i also punch in each day. My position is Director. I work for 8-8 Monday thru Friday. I come in one Saturday each month. My employer is now requesting that i come in every Saturday. Can they do this? I accure 1 vacation day per month which cannot be carried over if not used. When I request time off, most of the the time I don't get it. I supervise two employee's of a sales department and we are responsible for quotas. When I ask for time she suggest to me w the best time to take it. I feel like if I have time I should be able to take it when I want to. Also my supervisor is very abusive, I heard her say to a co-worker that she will beat the black off of her right in front of me; my supervisor is white. This comment does not sit well with me and I have been very affected by it. When she calls staff meetings, she makes comments about my husband and a a particular co-worker. She asked me in one meeting What if your husband and this particular co-worker gets married. What would do if your husband start dating her? Also she informed me that at the christmas party co-worker can't wait to dance with your husband. I heard you w I were talking about me, this was said in front of other co-works. You come into my office to much, the only reason I come into her office is to get her signature on a contract, which is money for the company. I hate the job because she does not know what to say out of her mouth. I have never been late or called out since I been employed there. My first year I won the award employee of the month. (she was not my supervisor at the time, she came on board in 2009. It has been a very stressful year. My entire attitude has change toward my friends and family. I began to get headaches each time I have to show up for work. I really think I need to speak to a doctor. The above comments are only some of what I have to endure on a daily basis. I really need to know if there is anything that can be done. As her comments has affected me so drastically that I have nightmares about having to go to work .... I really hate that job since she has come on board. Please [email protected]!
    Last edited by Belita2035; 01-16-2010, 11:46 AM. Reason: Want to change my title

Your posts are very similar; which one do you want us to respond to?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

None of what you describe is illegal. Your best bet is to seek treatment with a doctor if you feel you need to do so and to start looking for a new job.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
        None of what you describe is illegal. Your best bet is to seek treatment with a doctor if you feel you need to do so and to start looking for a new job.
        I agree 100%, I feel a headache coming on just from you describing the situation to me.

It is a shame that in smaller businesses HR is not as well recognized as it should be.

Best of luck.
        Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Working...
        X