Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, I'm wondering if this perchance wasn't a DUI and if you aren't applying for a job requiring a CDL. PBJs are most often employed in DUI cases in MD and the reference to background check, drug test and physical makes me think that is the case. Employers are also permitted to obtain information on PBJs for drivers.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

My reference indicates that in Md. employers can ask about and/or take action on any arrest or conviction that was not expunged or pardoned.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
        Also, I'm wondering if this perchance wasn't a DUI and if you aren't applying for a job requiring a CDL. PBJs are most often employed in DUI cases in MD and the reference to background check, drug test and physical makes me think that is the case. Employers are also permitted to obtain information on PBJs for drivers.
        Nope it was not for a driving job, but I do have my CDL Class A tho (Endorsement TXSM), The arrest happened when I was 18 and me and a few of my friend's toilet papered a neighbors house

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
        My reference indicates that in Md. employers can ask about and/or take action on any arrest or conviction that was not expunged or pardoned.
        Makes sense, thanks.
        Last edited by sbarber7973; 08-30-2008, 04:47 PM. Reason: Fixed Endorsement class

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
          Your reference is correct. There are special rules that apply to those with a CDL, which is why I mentioned it.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Ok. Betty3
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
            X