X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this considered defamation? Maryland

Here is my situation:
    My immediate supervisor decided to give up her position and be a stay at home mother. Over the last few weeks her mood was increasingly difficult mostly due to stress over her career change. Everyone in our small office noticed her attitude but everyone assumed it was because she was realizing she didn't want to leave. On her second to last day of work she came into my office and began to ask me why I have been giving her an attitude. I was couldn't believe she was asking me this question and stated that I didn't realize I was, and understood she has been under a lot of stress and it was completely understandable. She then flipped out. She began yelling at me, cursing at me and as I went to leave my office she followed me and continued to yell at me until I her immediate supervisor walked into the office. I instantly went to her boss and explained what happened and she told me she would take care of it. There was only one other employee in the office when the yelling occurred. It turns out that my supervisor that screamed at me told everyone including our executive director that I was the one who assaulted her.

I'm really concerned and worried that my job is on the line...can anyone offer me advise?

Assault?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

No it isn't defamation. No one here can predict what the company will decide.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X