This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee Personal Files Maryland

We are keeping a personal file for each of our employees. These files contains information concerning their wages, performance etc but also some notes/comments regarding the employee from their supervisors.
    Question: 1. The employee can request access to these files anytime they want it. Is this correct. If so, 2. Some of the notes/comments in it have not been shared or disclosed to the employee. Can we not show these and select the information they are able to view? or shoud I create a file that can be viewed and one for other comments?
    Thank you

In Maryland, it is up to the employer whether to allow an employee access to their personnel file, and if so, how often and which information.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It is totally up to you how you want to handle this.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X