This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company said he went over leave time?? Maryland

My husband is an exempt employee. The company only had 5 employees and is run by husband and wife. My husband had injured himself outside of work and had surgery so he missed some work time. He agreed to work as much as he could from home and logged all of the work time. He went back to work and took time here and there for therapy and follow-up dr. appts. We were worried with his sick-leave for the therapy and all so we asked the HR person (the wife) how much leave time he had so he could figure times and other ways to not run out (no leave time is marked on his paystub). He was told by the HR, "we dont' have a formal policy on sick leave-we just do the best we can...." That was in September. My husband gave his 2 weeks notice in November because he was offered another position that was more stable. His November paycheck (got paid 1xmonth) was missing money so he emailed the HR person to find out what happened. He was told it was short due to 'personal time' he took off that exceeded the sick/vacation leave days. Yet... we were told there was no policy on leave time back in September and to not worry about it. We have asked several times for the calculations of his leave time - how they came to that conclusion and they have ignored us. We even sent a certified return receipt - no response and we think the USPS lost it... What can we do now?

Was your husband docked for full days missed or partial days? The former being permitted, the latter is not. If he was being docked for partial days then you can file a claim with the DLLR.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

3 of the days they said were 1/2 days and 1 was a full day.
      thanks!

Comment

They can dock for the full day but not the half days. I'd have your husband bring it to ther attention first, then file a complaint if that doesn't work.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Can they still dock the full day when we asked for his leave time that was left and they said they don't have a policy?
          Thanks

Comment

Yes. they can as he was given a certain amount of sick leave and apparently used more than they were willing to continue granting.

Comment

Working...
            X