This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring Practices Maryland

I understand that it is not illegal to hire someone without interviewing them or if the are a friend of the hiring authority. I guess it is referred to as 'cronyism' or 'nepotism'. But is it illegal for the company to no even post a job position they are hiring for to its employees? Apparently my company hired someone for a position that I would have liked to apply for if I had known about it. Please let me know how the laws see this situation. Thanks.

Jacqueline F

There is no law in any state requiring an employer to post openings.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Nope, this is perfectly legal. Why waste time and resources advertising a job that you already have the candidate for? Why waste paper and false hopes by taking applications for a job that has already been filled?
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X