This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment verification Maryland

After being laid off (housing bubble) as the full time IT guy my former employer is taking three weeks to confirm my employment w/ them.

Bacause of this "timely" response I've already lost one position.

Is there a standard form I can get former employer to fill out or is there any legal basis of stomping on a couple of toes, nicely of course?

With very limited, industry specific exceptions (and the only one I know of falls under DOT regulations) your employer has no legal obligation to respond to requests for employment verifications.

This is something you're going to have to work out with them.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks

I guess I'll have to place hope in their -gag- professionalism.

I'm so screwed.

Comment

Sorry but the law won't help you here. You are always free to ask a potential employer whether other documentation will be accepted to verify employment. Perhaps they will accept paystubs or offer letters.You can also call your former employer and request nicely that they process the verifications in a timely manner. An alternative is to provide the name of a coworker or former supervisor who can verify your information. They might move more quickly.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X