This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMLA Maryland

I was fired while on FMLA for cheating on my timesheet. However, I've done the same practice for all of my years of service, which I had 10 years of service. I maintain, that all time was worked off. No one ever spoke to me about this practice. I believe, that my boss was upset that I needed to have surgery at a critical time on a project we were currently working on. The project has been up and running for the past 3 yrs. and I needed to have surgery which was critical to my health. I also believe they intentional looked for something to fire me for, because I had several meeting with HR regarding my boss and the way he ran the dept. I worked with him for the past 41/2 yrs. I was too outspoken and folks found me in very intimidating.

And your question is?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

So what you are saying is that despite the fact that you have been willingly cheating your employer by falsifying timesheets, you think they should permit it to continue because .....(ok actually, I have no idea why you think they should continue to permit it). No law is going to protect you from being fired for knowingly falsifying a timesheet. Your employer shouldn't have to tell you not to lie and falsify records.

Disagreeing with your boss and being argumentative and intimidating are also perfectly valid and legal reasons to have fired you.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X