Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new thread about daycare Sheila (turned out long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stephanie" <[email protected]> writes:
    I like it. Snack plate night.
    Speaking of chick flicks (oh, maybe no one was speaking of chick
    flicks, but my wife and I went to "Must love dogs" last night which
    was silly, predictable, but had its fun moments. John Cusack is fun
    to watch, and Diane Lane is fun to look at), did anyone see Mermaids?
    [Reminder: Cher, Bob Hoskins, and our favorite kleptomaniac.]

The mom only cooks appetizers. The meals are always a bunch of little
    dishes you would eat with a martini.

Comment

"Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
      news:[email protected]
      Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> writes:
      See Wedding Crashers yet? That was funny... IMO of course. That _has_ gotten good reviews even though it looks irredeemably stupid to me!
      Not my kind of movie, I'm afraid.

Comment

On 01 Aug 2005 12:38:09 -0700, Doug Anderson
        <ethelthelogremoveth[email protected]> wrote:
        Speaking of chick flicks (oh, maybe no one was speaking of chickflicks, but my wife and I went to "Must love dogs" last night whichwas silly, predictable, but had its fun moments. John Cusack is funto watch, and Diane Lane is fun to look at), did anyone see Mermaids?[Reminder: Cher, Bob Hoskins, and our favorite kleptomaniac.]The mom only cooks appetizers. The meals are always a bunch of littledishes you would eat with a martini.
        I thought about seeing that last night but it started too late. Read
        in the paper it got only 1 star and while I generally don't pay much
        attention to critics, a 1 star kinda scares me. Still, I've got a lot
        of times on my hands so I still may end up seeing it.

See Wedding Crashers yet? That was funny... IMO of course.

--Brian

Comment

Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> writes:
          On 01 Aug 2005 12:38:09 -0700, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
          Speaking of chick flicks (oh, maybe no one was speaking of chickflicks, but my wife and I went to "Must love dogs" last night whichwas silly, predictable, but had its fun moments. John Cusack is funto watch, and Diane Lane is fun to look at), did anyone see Mermaids?[Reminder: Cher, Bob Hoskins, and our favorite kleptomaniac.]The mom only cooks appetizers. The meals are always a bunch of littledishes you would eat with a martini.
          I thought about seeing that last night but it started too late. Read in the paper it got only 1 star and while I generally don't pay much attention to critics, a 1 star kinda scares me.
          It is _very_ light. Don't go to the movie unless you are prepared to
          not mind the fact that when each scene begins, you can see exactly how it is going to end.
          See Wedding Crashers yet? That was funny... IMO of course.
          That _has_ gotten good reviews even though it looks irredeemably
          stupid to me!

Comment

Doug Anderson wrote:
            Speaking of chick flicks (oh, maybe no one was speaking of chick flicks, but my wife and I went to "Must love dogs" last night which was silly, predictable, but had its fun moments. John Cusack is fun to watch, and Diane Lane is fun to look at), did anyone see Mermaids? [Reminder: Cher, Bob Hoskins, and our favorite kleptomaniac.]
            Mermaids was cute. I like John Cusack and Diane Lane and intend seeing
            "Must Love Dogs" when it gets here. I went to see "Monster-in-Law" with some
            friends yesterday and we all laughed heartily through it (there was even a
            masculine voice to be heard amongst the general chuckles). Jane Fonda was
            very funny and it was good to see her acting again.

The preview of "The Wedding Crashers" was shown and it looks like it might
            be funnier than I expected it to be so I'll probably go with my husband
            since he thinks he might enjoy it too.

(He enjoyed both "Meet the Parents and "Meet the Fockers" very much.)

The mom only cooks appetizers. The meals are always a bunch of little dishes you would eat with a martini.
            Yum...but only if someone else is cooking them!

Tai

Comment

jwb wrote:
              "Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
              Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> writes: See Wedding Crashers yet? That was funny... IMO of course. That _has_ gotten good reviews even though it looks irredeemably stupid to me!
              But did you see "Sin City"? I was hoping you'd have an opinion to share on
              that one. I thought it was interesting that Tarantino was a guest director
              (although I have no idea what that really means!)

Tai

Comment

"Tai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                news:[email protected]
                jwb wrote:
                "Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                Brian Chamberlin <[email protected]> writes:> See Wedding Crashers yet? That was funny... IMO of course. That _has_ gotten good reviews even though it looks irredeemably stupid to me!
                But did you see "Sin City"? I was hoping you'd have an opinion to share on that one. I thought it was interesting that Tarantino was a guest director (although I have no idea what that really means!)
                I will when it comes out on DVD - I am eagerly awaiting it, actually.

I generally don't go to the movies - way too many idiots.

Comment

Working...
                X