X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfaithful wife scores $11.6M divorce settlement

Raul wrote:
    Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    How come, by the way, you left out the fact that the husband's annualincome was $5.5 million
    How come you left out the fact that the **** judge decided on this figure? Are public servants infallible? The wife, ofcourse, doesn't deserve a dime.
    and that he lied about this to the court?
    He should be charged with contempt of court, obstruction of justice, etc. The seperation of assets isn't used to punish the above. Besides, wouldn't you lie to the court if your wife betrayed you similarly and you were in his position? What a shameless uncle tom you are.
    How confidently people insult each other when
    they are probably thousands of miles apart.

Would you say this if the guy was three feet
    away from you in a pub?

Bert!

Comment

Raul wrote:
      Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
      How come, by the way, you left out the fact that the husband's annualincome was $5.5 million
      How come you left out the fact that the **** judge decided on this figure? Are public servants infallible? The wife, ofcourse, doesn't deserve a dime.
      and that he lied about this to the court?
      He should be charged with contempt of court, obstruction of justice, etc. The seperation of assets isn't used to punish the above. Besides, wouldn't you lie to the court if your wife betrayed you similarly and you were in his position? What a shameless uncle tom you are.
      How confidently people insult each other when
      they are probably thousands of miles apart.

Would you say this if the guy was three feet
      away from you in a pub?

Bert!

Comment

Cloaked wrote:
        On 15 Feb 2005 09:56:42 -0800, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
        [email protected] (Raul) writes:
        Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...>[email protected] ahoo.com (Raul) writes:>>>They were legally married 14 months before seperating.>>Why is that isn't the important issue? They were married in a>religious ceremony 10 years before that. And they had numerous>children (at the time of the article, two still living at home).It wasn't legally recognized.
        So?
        >>>>If his wife wasn't a partner in his firm, why does she deserve>>>>the half the fruits of his labour? Whatever support she might've>>>>provided her husband could be surpassed by a concubine, cook and>>>>housekeeper.>>>>>>And yet he chose a wife, and not a concubine / cook. If he really>>>wanted only a concubine and a cook, he made a mistake didn't he?>>>>That's not a rebuttal of the point I made. Wives aren't entitled to>>half of their husband's wealth.>>And she didn't get half her husband's wealth. So?As I said, she doesn't deserve a dime.>In general, it is a complex question how much of a couple's wealth>should go to the partner that worked at home for no direct pay.The wife isn't doing chores solely for her husband's sake, is she?Neither is she forced to stay home.Why then should she be compensated for her career decisions?
        The family is considered (to some degree) to be a unit. Both partnersdo work. In a case like this one, only one partner receivedfinancial compensation for his "work." But because the family isconsidered to be a unit, both partners are entitled to benefit fromhis income just like both partners benefit from her work at home.You may disagree with this principle, but it isn't a hard one tounderstand, is it?
        OK, so is SHE desrves to be compensated for loss of the income, then should HE not also be compensated for losing access to her performance of domestic chores? If he has to pay her "support" because she does not earn an income, then why should SHE not also have to pay HIM for the hiring of a housekeepr/cook???
        and ***** pleaser.... don't forget the important
        stuff.
        I never understood this sort of crap. The judge in my case said that there was an "impiled contract of support" for my ex's home based business. And this was the basis he used to rape my wallet. Well where I come from a contract MUST have "consideration". How can only half a contract survive disolution of a partnership??? Oh yeah, because the family court has become a Kangaroo Court! If I was being forced to support her business (as her means of supposed support), then why was I not aforded access to the profits from said business??? I realize that her business was not particularly profitable, but then why not give me access to future profits of the business??? Basically, if the judge had said I had to support her business, but that she - claiming the business would eventually become profitable - had to repay every penny of support WITH INTEREST from the future profits of her business, then THAT would have been fair. Of course to prevent a deliberate sabbotage of her business, there would have to be a clause that if her business ceased doing business -- support obligation ends immediately, and also a maximum timeline for the business to become profitable - or support ends. My ex was the type that needed a fire lit under her, or she would do nothing. But this, of course, was NOT ordered. All the courts were concerned with was taking money from me, and giving it to her. There was NEVER any appearance that anything should be "equitable". Even HER lawyer thought the premise was weak.

Comment

Cloaked wrote:
          On 15 Feb 2005 09:56:42 -0800, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
          Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...>[email protected] ahoo.com (Raul) writes:>>>They were legally married 14 months before seperating.>>Why is that isn't the important issue? They were married in a>religious ceremony 10 years before that. And they had numerous>children (at the time of the article, two still living at home).It wasn't legally recognized.
          So?
          >>>>If his wife wasn't a partner in his firm, why does she deserve>>>>the half the fruits of his labour? Whatever support she might've>>>>provided her husband could be surpassed by a concubine, cook and>>>>housekeeper.>>>>>>And yet he chose a wife, and not a concubine / cook. If he really>>>wanted only a concubine and a cook, he made a mistake didn't he?>>>>That's not a rebuttal of the point I made. Wives aren't entitled to>>half of their husband's wealth.>>And she didn't get half her husband's wealth. So?As I said, she doesn't deserve a dime.>In general, it is a complex question how much of a couple's wealth>should go to the partner that worked at home for no direct pay.The wife isn't doing chores solely for her husband's sake, is she?Neither is she forced to stay home.Why then should she be compensated for her career decisions?
          The family is considered (to some degree) to be a unit. Both partnersdo work. In a case like this one, only one partner receivedfinancial compensation for his "work." But because the family isconsidered to be a unit, both partners are entitled to benefit fromhis income just like both partners benefit from her work at home.You may disagree with this principle, but it isn't a hard one tounderstand, is it?
          OK, so is SHE desrves to be compensated for loss of the income, then should HE not also be compensated for losing access to her performance of domestic chores? If he has to pay her "support" because she does not earn an income, then why should SHE not also have to pay HIM for the hiring of a housekeepr/cook???
          and ***** pleaser.... don't forget the important
          stuff.
          I never understood this sort of crap. The judge in my case said that there was an "impiled contract of support" for my ex's home based business. And this was the basis he used to rape my wallet. Well where I come from a contract MUST have "consideration". How can only half a contract survive disolution of a partnership??? Oh yeah, because the family court has become a Kangaroo Court! If I was being forced to support her business (as her means of supposed support), then why was I not aforded access to the profits from said business??? I realize that her business was not particularly profitable, but then why not give me access to future profits of the business??? Basically, if the judge had said I had to support her business, but that she - claiming the business would eventually become profitable - had to repay every penny of support WITH INTEREST from the future profits of her business, then THAT would have been fair. Of course to prevent a deliberate sabbotage of her business, there would have to be a clause that if her business ceased doing business -- support obligation ends immediately, and also a maximum timeline for the business to become profitable - or support ends. My ex was the type that needed a fire lit under her, or she would do nothing. But this, of course, was NOT ordered. All the courts were concerned with was taking money from me, and giving it to her. There was NEVER any appearance that anything should be "equitable". Even HER lawyer thought the premise was weak.

Comment

As I said before, it should not matter how much he makes. Courts have
            this nasty propensity to award the woman money simply because the man
            has it - especially if he is loaded.

THEN, lower courts point to that ruling and use it as justification
            for sticking it to the rest of us! Hey If I made that kind of money,
            then at least I could aford to pay!

But I don't and likely never will earn any where near that.

In my case, I was riding the bus while my ex drove around in a
            spanking new car - bought and paid for with MY MONEY given to her for
            "spousal support". If she can aford a new car with my spousal support
            payment, then the payments should have been stopped immediately! We
            live in an urban area, if I have to take the bus, then so should she!
            For chrissake! I was the one with a "real" job! And there was a 4
            month transit strike here! If it had not been for the graces of my
            coworkers taking pity on me and giving me rides for 4 months, then I
            would have lost my job! Where would we have been then??? I can imagine
            I would have been in jail, and she would have been out of that new car
            pretty quick.

You have to look not only at the case at hand, but the implications of
            the ruling on exisiting and future cases. You put blinders on and try
            to judge the case in isolation, then some hair-brained idiiot of a
            judge will find a way to *******ize the decision and use it to his own
            ends. Happens all the time.

Ever since the idiot in "Bracklow" stated "need alone may be enough"
            to justify support, there is not a judge in the country to have given
            a rats behind about if the man can aford to pay support or not! All
            they do is grab some guideline document, and order the man to pay. If
            he can't pay, then he goes to jail.

All this despite the fact that HARD BLACK AND WHITE LAW - "THE LAW" as
            enacted by parlement states the opposite! The "ability to pay" is
            explicitly written as a factor in the published law. But because of
            some ******* judges "interprtation" in the nebulous "case law", the
            men of this country are doomed until someone either forces Parlement
            to change the law (AGAIN), or until someone manages to get the ruling
            struct done by the femminist dominated left wing Supreme Court of
            Canada. Good bloody luck.

SO again I say, what does HIS imcome have to do with the fact that SHE
            started an affair?

The entire scenario is rediculous.

On 12 Feb 2005 22:15:43 -0800, Doug Anderson
            <[email protected]> wrote:
            http://tinyurl.com/4t7ne "The couple lived together for 9 years after being wed in a Jewish religious ceremony in 1987, but remained together for just 14 months after they were legally married in 1994. In 1994, Graham, upset with what she felt was a lack of emotional support, began an affair with the contractor renovating the cottage"
            How come, by the way, you left out the fact that the husband's annualincome was $5.5 million, and that he lied about this to the court?

Comment

As I said before, it should not matter how much he makes. Courts have
              this nasty propensity to award the woman money simply because the man
              has it - especially if he is loaded.

THEN, lower courts point to that ruling and use it as justification
              for sticking it to the rest of us! Hey If I made that kind of money,
              then at least I could aford to pay!

But I don't and likely never will earn any where near that.

In my case, I was riding the bus while my ex drove around in a
              spanking new car - bought and paid for with MY MONEY given to her for
              "spousal support". If she can aford a new car with my spousal support
              payment, then the payments should have been stopped immediately! We
              live in an urban area, if I have to take the bus, then so should she!
              For chrissake! I was the one with a "real" job! And there was a 4
              month transit strike here! If it had not been for the graces of my
              coworkers taking pity on me and giving me rides for 4 months, then I
              would have lost my job! Where would we have been then??? I can imagine
              I would have been in jail, and she would have been out of that new car
              pretty quick.

You have to look not only at the case at hand, but the implications of
              the ruling on exisiting and future cases. You put blinders on and try
              to judge the case in isolation, then some hair-brained idiiot of a
              judge will find a way to *******ize the decision and use it to his own
              ends. Happens all the time.

Ever since the idiot in "Bracklow" stated "need alone may be enough"
              to justify support, there is not a judge in the country to have given
              a rats behind about if the man can aford to pay support or not! All
              they do is grab some guideline document, and order the man to pay. If
              he can't pay, then he goes to jail.

All this despite the fact that HARD BLACK AND WHITE LAW - "THE LAW" as
              enacted by parlement states the opposite! The "ability to pay" is
              explicitly written as a factor in the published law. But because of
              some ******* judges "interprtation" in the nebulous "case law", the
              men of this country are doomed until someone either forces Parlement
              to change the law (AGAIN), or until someone manages to get the ruling
              struct done by the femminist dominated left wing Supreme Court of
              Canada. Good bloody luck.

SO again I say, what does HIS imcome have to do with the fact that SHE
              started an affair?

The entire scenario is rediculous.

On 12 Feb 2005 22:15:43 -0800, Doug Anderson
              <[email protected]> wrote:
              http://tinyurl.com/4t7ne "The couple lived together for 9 years after being wed in a Jewish religious ceremony in 1987, but remained together for just 14 months after they were legally married in 1994. In 1994, Graham, upset with what she felt was a lack of emotional support, began an affair with the contractor renovating the cottage"
              How come, by the way, you left out the fact that the husband's annualincome was $5.5 million, and that he lied about this to the court?

Comment

Working...
              X