X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotional needs

"Tony Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    Have you been to a good endocrinologist? You might be testosterone deficient.
    I think it's far more likely she's "caring husband" deficient.

Tai

Emotional needs

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:08:31 +1000, Tai
    <[email protected]hoo.com> wrote:
    "Tony Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    I have a real problem with this "caring husband" deficit stuff. I just
    can't sympathize. I guess it must be a guy thing.

-Tony

--
    "If the grass appears to be greener on the other side of the fence, it's time
    to fertilize your lawn!"
    Want to jump start your marriage? Consider a Marriage Encounter weekend.
    Check out http://www.wwme.org for more information.

Comment

Emotional needs

Tony Miller <[email protected]> writes:
      On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:08:31 +1000, Tai <[email protected]> wrote:
      I have a real problem with this "caring husband" deficit stuff. I just can't sympathize. I guess it must be a guy thing.
      Or maybe just a "Tony" thing.

Comment

Emotional needs

"Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        "Tony Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]>> Have you been to a good endocrinologist? You might be testosterone> deficient.> I think it's far more likely she's "caring husband" deficient.
        I have a real problem with this "caring husband" deficit stuff. I just can't sympathize. I guess it must be a guy thing.
        I think Tony has a point. Some men do not want to be known as 'caring'. They
        want to have an image of 'big tough man'.

Amy

Comment

Emotional needs

On 01 Sep 2004 20:23:16 -0700, Doug Anderson
          <[email protected]> wrote:
          "Tony Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]>> Have you been to a good endocrinologist? You might be testosterone> deficient.> I think it's far more likely she's "caring husband" deficient.
          I said "guy thing". I guess that doesn't apply to you.

-Tony

--
          to fertilize your lawn!"

Comment

Emotional needs

No, I think it's a Tony thing.

Ted.

Comment

Emotional needs

"Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
              LOL! I shoulda read ahead.

Ted

Comment

Emotional needs

Tony Miller wrote:
                She's feeling lonely and ignored. I believe he is too. Something has to change.
                Yes, they both have to make an effort to do what would make the other feel
                loved - at the same time. I think they might keep missing each other some
                how. It's very hard to tell what Amy's husband might be doing because
                whatever it is (if there's anything) Amy doesn't seem to recognise it, or
                perhaps not the intention behind it.

Tai

Comment

Emotional needs

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:27:24 -0500, Seeker
                  No, I think it's a Tony thing.
                  No Ted, it's a guy thing. That's probably why you don't get it.

-Tony

--
                  to fertilize your lawn!"

Comment

Emotional needs

No Ted, it's a guy thing. That's probably why you don't get it.
                    I thought you were the one who didn't get it. I do. (Doesn't mean I'm
                    *good* at it.)

Ted

Comment

Emotional needs

And I was talking about why I don't "get it". My statement was germaine to the conversation. Please do try and keep up.
                      And ruin the fun of the confusion? Nah.
                      I'll try better...

Ted

Comment

Emotional needs

"Amy Lou" <[email protected]> writes:
                        "Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:2pni12Fmi7agU[email protected]
                        On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:08:31 +1000, Tai <[email protected]> wrote: > > "Tony Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message > news:[email protected] > >> >> Have you been to a good endocrinologist? You might be testosterone >> deficient. >> > > I think it's far more likely she's "caring husband" deficient. I have a real problem with this "caring husband" deficit stuff. I just can't sympathize. I guess it must be a guy thing.
                        I think Tony has a point. Some men do not want to be known as 'caring'. They want to have an image of 'big tough man'.
                        Well, I still wouldn't call it a "guy" thing, since I seem to know
                        plenty of men who are happy to be caring. Though there may be men who
                        are so insecure in their self image than they are afraid to appear to
                        be caring. Unfortunate if that is the case.

Doug

Comment

Emotional needs

On 02 Sep 2004 15:05:20 -0700, Doug Anderson
                          "Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                          Tony Miller <[email protected]> writes: > On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:08:31 +1000, Tai > <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > "Tony Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message > > news:[email protected] > > > >> > >> Have you been to a good endocrinologist? You might be testosterone > >> deficient. > >> > > > > I think it's far more likely she's "caring husband" deficient. > > I have a real problem with this "caring husband" deficit stuff. I just > can't sympathize. I guess it must be a guy thing. Or maybe just a "Tony" thing.
                          I think Tony has a point. Some men do not want to be known as 'caring'. They want to have an image of 'big tough man'.
                          Well, I still wouldn't call it a "guy" thing, since I seem to know plenty of men who are happy to be caring. Though there may be men who
                          Or they could just be girly men.
                          are so insecure in their self image than they are afraid to appear to be caring. Unfortunate if that is the case.
                          Or don't want to look like a girly man.

-Tony

--
                          to fertilize your lawn!"

Comment

Emotional needs

in article [email protected], Tony Miller at
                            [email protected] wrote on 9/2/04 7:10 PM:
                            On 02 Sep 2004 15:05:20 -0700, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
                            "Doug Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]> Tony Miller <[email protected]> writes:>>> On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:08:31 +1000, Tai>> <[email protected]> wrote:>>>>>> "Tony Miller" <[email protected]> wrote in message>>> news:[email protected]>>> >>>>>>>> Have you been to a good endocrinologist? You might be testosterone>>>> deficient.>>>>>>>>>> I think it's far more likely she's "caring husband" deficient.>>>> I have a real problem with this "caring husband" deficit stuff. I just>> can't sympathize. I guess it must be a guy thing.>> Or maybe just a "Tony" thing. I think Tony has a point. Some men do not want to be known as 'caring'. They want to have an image of 'big tough man'.
                            Well, I still wouldn't call it a "guy" thing, since I seem to know plenty of men who are happy to be caring. Though there may be men who
                            Or they could just be girly men.
                            are so insecure in their self image than they are afraid to appear to be caring. Unfortunate if that is the case.
                            Or don't want to look like a girly man. -Tony
                            I'm sure it takes one to know one, princess.

Comment

Emotional needs

"Tony Miller" <[email protected]> >
                              That's right. He's a guy. His job is to teach self reliance and self sufficiency.
                              What if I wasn't around anymore and he had to be both mother and father? Do
                              you think your average bloke would try to be more 'maternal' in those
                              circumstances?

Amy

Comment

Working...
                              X