X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Bugs

"shinypenny" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected] om...
    "JWB" <[email protected] actually, my e-mail is jwb3333 at excite dot com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    "Emma Anne" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1gj4h78.7h5olu1b3dryzN%[email protected]
    "JWB" <[email protected] actually> wrote: > "Specialsearcher" <[email protected]> wrote in message > news:[email protected] > > > > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5820548/ > > > > Winter is on the way and so are the colds and flus. > > Last year we as a nation ran out of flu vaccines; so if your going > > to
    get a
    > > vaccine you may want to start thinking about it soon.. > > I've never gotten a flu shot. I'm confident I'll live. But have you ever had the flu? I don't mean those little bugs people casually call the flu, but the hit-by-truck, aching-all-over, two weeks in bed wishing you were dead flu? I had it once in college, and now I get the flu shot every year. Never again, if I can help it.
    Once, when I was 19. Was a week in bed. Since then, I think I may have fought it off once or twice. I have an incredible resistance and ability to fight off sickness.
    I have a pretty solid immune system myself, and have never had a flu shot. I don't think I've ever had the hit-by-truck type of flu (I'm more likely to succumb to food poisoning that is over in a day or so). With that said, I have to admit I'm a little spooked by the idea of some deadly flu strain hitting us and wiping out a large proportion of the population. We are awfully overdue for something like that.
    Like in "the Stand"?

Aside from the death of loved ones, that would be kinda cool if one survived
    (I would)

Comment

Winter Bugs

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:02:57 -0000, [email protected] (Robert Grumbine)
      wrote:
      Likely the alcohol. (Not that stress doesn't mess with sleep.)Caffeine also can mess up your sleep.
      Yes, I should have mentioned caffeine as well. I also have to quit
      drinking it by early afternoon, else I can't sleep. On the rare
      occasion that I have a glass of iced tea with supper (usually at my
      folks' house), I don't sleep until 1 am, or later.

So Cal....try cutting down or eliminating caffeine and alcohol. I was
      suprised at how much it helped.

Lauri in WA

I like my email spamless

Comment

Winter Bugs

Lauri wrote:
        So Cal....try cutting down or eliminating caffeine and alcohol. I was suprised at how much it helped.
        Alcohol has already been cut to zero, and for some time now due to
        medications.

Caffeine is another story. I haven't been as successful at cutting back
        on caffeine.

Cal~

Comment

Winter Bugs

In article <[email protected]>,
          _calinda_ <[email protected]> wrote:
          Lauri wrote:
          So Cal....try cutting down or eliminating caffeine and alcohol. I was suprised at how much it helped.
          Alcohol has already been cut to zero, and for some time now due tomedications.Caffeine is another story. I haven't been as successful at cutting backon caffeine.
          You might try working on the timing first -- start with a personal
          'no caffeine after 5 PM' rule, and see how things go. Quantity is
          still open, and the window in which you don't drink any gives you some
          time to figure out what non-caffeinated beverages you get along with.

--
          Robert Grumbine http://www.radix.net/~bobg/ Science faqs and amateur activities notes and links.
          Sagredo (Galileo Galilei) "You present these recondite matters with too much
          evidence and ease; this great facility makes them less appreciated than they
          would be had they been presented in a more abstruse manner." Two New Sciences

Comment

Working...
          X