Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

    On 09 Aug 2004 12:49:27 -0700, Doug Anderson
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    [...]
    I think you are wrong. I think the disgust that many feel for Bushhas been because of how he has behaved, not because they are "Bushhaters." It is easy to underestimate the intelligence of those youdisagree with.
    Yes, it's very easy, isn't it?

    ~Empress

    Comment


    • #17
      OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

      On 09 Aug 2004 12:49:27 -0700, Doug Anderson
      <[email protected]> wrote:

      [...]
      I think you are wrong. I think the disgust that many feel for Bushhas been because of how he has behaved, not because they are "Bushhaters." It is easy to underestimate the intelligence of those youdisagree with.
      Yes, it's very easy, isn't it?

      ~Empress

      Comment


      • #18
        OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

        On 9 Aug 2004 16:01:36 -0700, Caren
        <[email protected]> wrote:
        Empress wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
        On 09 Aug 2004 09:24:15 -0700, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
        Many countries supported the Afghan war.Few countries supported the Iraq war because Bush didn't make hiscase. He could quite likely have had more support in Iraq (at thecost of waiting 2 or 3 months).
        Agreed. Of course, now we have the benefit of hindsight... Bush was the president at the helm on 9/11, *he* was the one who had to decide what to do, and *he* was the one who was getting information about Hussein's WMD from a number of sources. Tommy Franks says he told the president that Egypt and Syria were telling him that Saddam Hussein had WMD; most of the world believed there was something going on in Iraq, thus the UN resolutions and now the various committees, inquisitions and reports say that Bush didn't lie. My whole point is to say that Bush haters want to vilify the president, instead of seeing him as an imperfect leader in very difficult times.
        For those of us who did not vote for Bush, we disliked him before the war. I didn't wait for the war to find fault with him. But apparently something went wrong with the voting system. :-)
        Yeah, Rev. Jackson didn't educate all those indigents he brought in on how
        to punch holes in a ballot.

        -Tony

        --
        "If the grass appears to be greener on the other side of the fence, it's time
        to fertilize your lawn!"
        Want to jump start your marriage? Consider a Marriage Encounter weekend.
        Check out http://www.wwme.org for more information.

        Comment


        • #19
          OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

          On 9 Aug 2004 16:01:36 -0700, Caren
          <[email protected]> wrote:
          Empress wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
          On 09 Aug 2004 09:24:15 -0700, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:
          Many countries supported the Afghan war.Few countries supported the Iraq war because Bush didn't make hiscase. He could quite likely have had more support in Iraq (at thecost of waiting 2 or 3 months).
          Agreed. Of course, now we have the benefit of hindsight... Bush was the president at the helm on 9/11, *he* was the one who had to decide what to do, and *he* was the one who was getting information about Hussein's WMD from a number of sources. Tommy Franks says he told the president that Egypt and Syria were telling him that Saddam Hussein had WMD; most of the world believed there was something going on in Iraq, thus the UN resolutions and now the various committees, inquisitions and reports say that Bush didn't lie. My whole point is to say that Bush haters want to vilify the president, instead of seeing him as an imperfect leader in very difficult times.
          For those of us who did not vote for Bush, we disliked him before the war. I didn't wait for the war to find fault with him. But apparently something went wrong with the voting system. :-)
          Yeah, Rev. Jackson didn't educate all those indigents he brought in on how
          to punch holes in a ballot.

          -Tony

          --
          "If the grass appears to be greener on the other side of the fence, it's time
          to fertilize your lawn!"
          Want to jump start your marriage? Consider a Marriage Encounter weekend.
          Check out http://www.wwme.org for more information.

          Comment


          • #20
            OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

            Tony Miller <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
            On 9 Aug 2004 16:01:36 -0700, Caren <[email protected]> wrote:
            Empress wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
            On 09 Aug 2004 09:24:15 -0700, Doug Anderson <[email protected]> wrote: >Many countries supported the Afghan war. > >Few countries supported the Iraq war because Bush didn't make his >case. He could quite likely have had more support in Iraq (at the >cost of waiting 2 or 3 months). Agreed. Of course, now we have the benefit of hindsight... Bush was the president at the helm on 9/11, *he* was the one who had to decide what to do, and *he* was the one who was getting information about Hussein's WMD from a number of sources. Tommy Franks says he told the president that Egypt and Syria were telling him that Saddam Hussein had WMD; most of the world believed there was something going on in Iraq, thus the UN resolutions and now the various committees, inquisitions and reports say that Bush didn't lie. My whole point is to say that Bush haters want to vilify the president, instead of seeing him as an imperfect leader in very difficult times.
            For those of us who did not vote for Bush, we disliked him before the war. I didn't wait for the war to find fault with him. But apparently something went wrong with the voting system. :-)
            Yeah, Rev. Jackson didn't educate all those indigents he brought in on how to punch holes in a ballot. -Tony
            Wow! Two smilies from Tony in one day. Do you have a crush on me or what???

            Comment


            • #21
              OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

              Yes and no.
              Who are you? John Kerry?
              confessed lie about drunk driving convictions? In both cases, the men in question lied to the public
              Bill Clinton committed felony perjury. George Bush lied to the press. Are
              you saying that's the same thing?

              Next thing you'll be telling me is that Bush lied about the war.

              Comment


              • #22
                OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

                Ronin <[email protected]> wrote:
                Bill Clinton committed felony perjury.
                Nonsense. Express your opinion of politicians however you want to, but
                please refrain from making incorrect legal interpretations.

                Comment


                • #23
                  OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

                  One doesn't need to "interpret" lying under oath - unless of course you
                  want debate the definition of what lying is.


                  [email protected] (Emma Anne) wrote in news:1g***j2.ro441k1u521u9N%
                  [email protected]:
                  Ronin <[email protected]> wrote:
                  Bill Clinton committed felony perjury.
                  Nonsense. Express your opinion of politicians however you want to, but please refrain from making incorrect legal interpretations.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

                    Ronin <[email protected]> wrote:
                    One doesn't need to "interpret" lying under oath - unless of course you want debate the definition of what lying is.
                    Agreed. One does, however, need to apply legal standards to determine
                    what "felony perjury" might be.
                    [email protected] (Emma Anne) wrote in news:1g***j2.ro441k1u521u9N% [email protected]:
                    Ronin <[email protected]> wrote:
                    Bill Clinton committed felony perjury.
                    Nonsense. Express your opinion of politicians however you want to, but please refrain from making incorrect legal interpretations.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X