X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

As someone who sometimes makes even worse gaffes, I sympathize, but
    this it too hilarious to pass up. Apparently, Bush said that he is
    always thinking about new ways to harm our country.

Surely, his ruination of the budget and ruination of our foreign
    standing in the Iraq fiasco do not help to clarify matters.

================================================== ====================
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...l=chi-news-hed

Aide: President misspoke, but meaning clear

Washington Bureau
    Published August 6, 2004

WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed legislation Thursday authorizing
    $417 billion in defense spending. In his remarks, the president
    misspoke when talking about the war on terrorism.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush
    said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and
    our people, and neither do we."

Later, press secretary Scott McClellan assured reporters that Bush had
    no intent to harm Americans. Rather, it "just shows even the most
    straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak," he said.

"The American people know this president speaks with clarity and
    conviction," McClellan said. "And the terrorists know by his actions
    he means it."

OT Bush is thinking of new ways to harm our country

Ignoramus22665 <[email protected]> writes:
    As someone who sometimes makes even worse gaffes, I sympathize, but this it too hilarious to pass up. Apparently, Bush said that he is always thinking about new ways to harm our country. Surely, his ruination of the budget and ruination of our foreign standing in the Iraq fiasco do not help to clarify matters.
    I found this rather amusing too. He often speaks as if english was
    not his native language. And yet I think he has been living in an
    english-speaking country since he was born!

(snip)
    WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed legislation Thursday authorizing $417 billion in defense spending. In his remarks, the president misspoke when talking about the war on terrorism. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Comment

Ignoramus22665 <[email protected]> writes:
      As someone who sometimes makes even worse gaffes, I sympathize, but this it too hilarious to pass up. Apparently, Bush said that he is always thinking about new ways to harm our country. Surely, his ruination of the budget and ruination of our foreign standing in the Iraq fiasco do not help to clarify matters.
      I found this rather amusing too. He often speaks as if english was
      not his native language. And yet I think he has been living in an
      english-speaking country since he was born!

(snip)
      WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed legislation Thursday authorizing $417 billion in defense spending. In his remarks, the president misspoke when talking about the war on terrorism. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Comment

"Ignoramus22665" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        As someone who sometimes makes even worse gaffes, I sympathize, but this it too hilarious to pass up. Apparently, Bush said that he is always thinking about new ways to harm our country. Surely, his ruination of the budget and ruination of our foreign standing in the Iraq fiasco do not help to clarify matters. ================================================== ====================
        Aide: President misspoke, but meaning clear Washington Bureau Published August 6, 2004 WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed legislation Thursday authorizing $417 billion in defense spending. In his remarks, the president misspoke when talking about the war on terrorism. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." Later, press secretary Scott McClellan assured reporters that Bush had no intent to harm Americans. Rather, it "just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak," he said. "The American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction," McClellan said. "And the terrorists know by his actions he means it."
        Oh, but I can top this. I once had to speak to a legislative group (all men
        of course) as the liaison for family day care providers. When I *meant* to
        say was "circumvent the problem" What I actually said was "circumcise the
        problem". Needless to say, from that point on, I had their undivided
        attention...
        Momma

Comment

"Ignoramus22665" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected]
          As someone who sometimes makes even worse gaffes, I sympathize, but this it too hilarious to pass up. Apparently, Bush said that he is always thinking about new ways to harm our country. Surely, his ruination of the budget and ruination of our foreign standing in the Iraq fiasco do not help to clarify matters. ================================================== ====================
          Aide: President misspoke, but meaning clear Washington Bureau Published August 6, 2004 WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed legislation Thursday authorizing $417 billion in defense spending. In his remarks, the president misspoke when talking about the war on terrorism. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." Later, press secretary Scott McClellan assured reporters that Bush had no intent to harm Americans. Rather, it "just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak," he said. "The American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction," McClellan said. "And the terrorists know by his actions he means it."
          Oh, but I can top this. I once had to speak to a legislative group (all men
          of course) as the liaison for family day care providers. When I *meant* to
          say was "circumvent the problem" What I actually said was "circumcise the
          problem". Needless to say, from that point on, I had their undivided
          attention...
          Momma

Comment

Video fragment, even funnier than the text quote:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0805042bush1.html

i

In article <[email protected]>, Ignoramus22665 wrote:
            As someone who sometimes makes even worse gaffes, I sympathize, but this it too hilarious to pass up. Apparently, Bush said that he is always thinking about new ways to harm our country. Surely, his ruination of the budget and ruination of our foreign standing in the Iraq fiasco do not help to clarify matters. ================================================== ==================== http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...l=chi-news-hed Aide: President misspoke, but meaning clear Washington Bureau Published August 6, 2004 WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed legislation Thursday authorizing $417 billion in defense spending. In his remarks, the president misspoke when talking about the war on terrorism. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." Later, press secretary Scott McClellan assured reporters that Bush had no intent to harm Americans. Rather, it "just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak," he said. "The American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction," McClellan said. "And the terrorists know by his actions he means it."

Comment

i

In article <[email protected]>, Ignoramus22665 wrote:
              As someone who sometimes makes even worse gaffes, I sympathize, but this it too hilarious to pass up. Apparently, Bush said that he is always thinking about new ways to harm our country. Surely, his ruination of the budget and ruination of our foreign standing in the Iraq fiasco do not help to clarify matters. ================================================== ==================== http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...l=chi-news-hed Aide: President misspoke, but meaning clear Washington Bureau Published August 6, 2004 WASHINGTON -- President Bush signed legislation Thursday authorizing $417 billion in defense spending. In his remarks, the president misspoke when talking about the war on terrorism. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." Later, press secretary Scott McClellan assured reporters that Bush had no intent to harm Americans. Rather, it "just shows even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak," he said. "The American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction," McClellan said. "And the terrorists know by his actions he means it."

Comment

We even saw it on good ol' SABC TV!

It was dropped jaws all round.

He had such an odd look on his face when he said that.
                Like he knew and was quite happy saying it.

Does he
                a. read his speeches?
                b. did he just misread that ?
                c. does he just adlib?
                d. was that a stupid question?

- Michaela
                Ignoramus22665 wrote:
                --
                Passion comes from a word that means 'to suffer'.

Comment

We even saw it on good ol' SABC TV!

It was dropped jaws all round.

He had such an odd look on his face when he said that.
                  Like he knew and was quite happy saying it.

Does he
                  a. read his speeches?
                  b. did he just misread that ?
                  c. does he just adlib?
                  d. was that a stupid question?

- Michaela
                  Ignoramus22665 wrote:
                  --
                  Passion comes from a word that means 'to suffer'.

Comment

In article <[email protected]>, Michaela wrote:
                    We even saw it on good ol' SABC TV! It was dropped jaws all round.

i
                    He had such an odd look on his face when he said that. Like he knew and was quite happy saying it. Does he a. read his speeches? b. did he just misread that ? c. does he just adlib? d. was that a stupid question? - Michaela Ignoramus22665 wrote:

Comment

In article <[email protected]>, Michaela wrote:
                      We even saw it on good ol' SABC TV! It was dropped jaws all round.

i
                      He had such an odd look on his face when he said that. Like he knew and was quite happy saying it. Does he a. read his speeches? b. did he just misread that ? c. does he just adlib? d. was that a stupid question? - Michaela Ignoramus22665 wrote:

Comment

"Everyboysmomma" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
                        "Ignoramus22665" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                        Oh, but I can top this. I once had to speak to a legislative group (all men of course) as the liaison for family day care providers. When I *meant* to say was "circumvent the problem" What I actually said was "circumcise the problem". Needless to say, from that point on, I had their undivided attention... Momma
                        The big difference is, is that you're not representing our country,
                        nor do you do it on a regular basis. Do you make up words too? One
                        of my favorites is, "misunderestimated".

Comment

"Everyboysmomma" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
                          "Ignoramus22665" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
                          Oh, but I can top this. I once had to speak to a legislative group (all men of course) as the liaison for family day care providers. When I *meant* to say was "circumvent the problem" What I actually said was "circumcise the problem". Needless to say, from that point on, I had their undivided attention... Momma
                          The big difference is, is that you're not representing our country,
                          nor do you do it on a regular basis. Do you make up words too? One
                          of my favorites is, "misunderestimated".

Comment

In article <[email protected]>,
                            "Everyboysmomma" <[email protected]> wrote:
                            Oh, but I can top this. I once had to speak to a legislative group (all men of course) as the liaison for family day care providers. When I *meant* to say was "circumvent the problem" What I actually said was "circumcise the problem". Needless to say, from that point on, I had their undivided attention...
                            Yes, but amuse me, please. can find the misspoken word or move a couple
                            of words to show us how he made the gaff? I have tried and I can't.

EPS

Comment

In article <[email protected]>,
                              "Everyboysmomma" <[email protected]> wrote:
                              Oh, but I can top this. I once had to speak to a legislative group (all men of course) as the liaison for family day care providers. When I *meant* to say was "circumvent the problem" What I actually said was "circumcise the problem". Needless to say, from that point on, I had their undivided attention...
                              Yes, but amuse me, please. can find the misspoken word or move a couple
                              of words to show us how he made the gaff? I have tried and I can't.

EPS

Comment

Working...
                              X