X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT - causes of death

"Shashay Doofray" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    Every car (or truck) I've ver driven, I knew how it felt, *before* Ineeded to know.I alwayus had at least a pretty good idea where theedge of control was. Most teens are killed/injured becaus ethey have*no* knowledge of where that edge is. Worse, they have neverexperienced loss of control. When it happens, they panic, because theydon't recognize it in time. Odd. I am 48 years old and have been driving since I was 18 and have
    never
    ONCE lost control of a car (knock wood). This has probably happened
    because
    I do not drive like a moron. I actually drive the posted speed limit
    (yes,
    always), and do not engage in distractive activities like singing along to the radio, eat or drink, or (god forbid) look at a map while I am driving, etc., etc.
    I generaly do the same , but that didnt stop a drunk old fella driving into
    me , my wife is a exellent driver , but she was driven into by a cop driving
    a 4x4 dogbox , totaling the car and giving her all sorts of issues about
    driving.
    Being a safe driver isnt a gaurentee , I kept my car on the road when I was
    hit , mainly because I messed around on the flats since I was 7 in old bombs
    , a car sliding at speed is nothing new to me , just unexpected ,my wife was
    hit so hard the car was spun 180 degrees in its own length and left on its
    side against a sign post . She was in shock , and is still rattled by it ,
    even though it was four or more years ago .
    I think it would be far more productive to teach youngsters to pay
    attention
    to what in the hell they are doing behind the wheel rather than how to
    react
    when the "ENEVITABLE" out of control situation occurs.
    Its better to know than not to know , in case it is needed one day Its like
    knowing how to use the stuff in your bug out bag , youll hopefully never
    need to use that either , but its a good idea to have it anyway.
    Its not only youngsters who need to pay attention to what they are doing.
    Myal
    SD

Comment

OT - causes of death

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 08:23:47 GMT, YooperBoyka <[email protected]>
      wrote:
      Suomolainen so dey say.
      http://www.genealogia.fi/emi/art/article267be.htm

Chuckle

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
      miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied,
      demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless.
      Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

OT - causes of death

"YooperBoyka" <[email protected]> spouted delusions in message
        We just lost three teens here in town exactly that way. A long blind curve on a busy two lane road, horrible pavement, (truck route), a bit too much speed, and they skittered into the oncoming lane. The driver survived.
        CJ, You can post all the lies and delusions you wish, about me, to the folks
        on here, if that helps you in your recovery. But the five kids involved in
        the accident need the truth spread, not rumors spewed by fools spouting
        conjecture as fact.

WE DID NOT LOSE THREE TEENS!!!
        As a parent actively involved in the lives of all five youth involved in the
        accident, here are some facts.
        R***, the driver, suffered no physical injuries but has needed the love and
        support of friends and family to deal with the callous, blaming remarks of
        insensitive classmates, (and a few foolish adults)
        M***, suffered a broken pelvis, but will be returning to school next week,
        in a wheelchair.
        A**, fractured her pelvis in several places, but is determined to recover
        quickly. Her spunk has helped her a lot in her first week of physical
        rehab. She will be released form the hospital later today, and may return
        to school in about a week.
        A****, suffered a broken pelvis (six places), broken femur, broken clavicle
        and ruptured bladder. He has just begun the long painful process of PT and
        OT He will be home-schooled following his release from the hospital in a few
        weeks.
        A*****, remains in critical condition, but is showing improvement. Thank
        God, she was blessed with a "second chance for life" when her lungs failed
        through a machine called ECMO. This "external lung" is oxygenating her
        blood while her lungs heal. She also suffered a broken pelvis, broken neck,
        ruptured liver, removed spleen. The doctors anticipate she will be
        hospitalized until around New Years.

The close friends of these five children, (one of which is my son) have
        learned a great deal from this tragedy and have demonstrated a great amount
        of maturity and compassion. They have established the AAARM fund (long arm
        of love) to assist the families with medical and other related expenses.
        They have spent countless hours designing/painting local tributes,
        collecting donations, and arranging benefits to help out. Their first
        benefit concert will be held next Friday.

Comment

OT - causes of death

Roger B. said for all posterity...
          "Swee'Pea" <[email protected]> wrote...
          "YooperBoyka" <[email protected]> spouted delusions... CJ, You can post all the lies and delusions you wish, about me, ...
          This is de ja vu, all over again. I thought that the first go 'round was quite sufficient. [Rog']
          Yeah, I thought so too.

Casey

"It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser."

Comment

OT - causes of death

"Casey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
            news:[email protected] ..
            Roger B. said for all posterity...
            "Swee'Pea" <[email protected]> wrote...
            "YooperBoyka" <[email protected]> spouted delusions... CJ, You can post all the lies and delusions you wish, about me, ...
            This is de ja vu, all over again. I thought that the first go 'round was quite sufficient. [Rog']
            Yeah, I thought so too.
            You can never get enough of this kind of stuff! Now that I got my Ph.D., I'm
            way too high class to watch the WWE Smackdown. But USENET mudwrestling?
            That's high tech! That's sophisticated!

--
            Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
            though checkered by failure; rather than to rank with those poor spirits who
            neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in a gray twilight that
            knows not victory nor defeat. --Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

OT - causes of death

Every car (or truck) I've ver driven, I knew how it felt, *before* Ineeded to know.I alwayus had at least a pretty good idea where theedge of control was. Most teens are killed/injured becaus ethey have*no* knowledge of where that edge is. Worse, they have neverexperienced loss of control. When it happens, they panic, because theydon't recognize it in time. Odd. I am 48 years old and have been driving since I was 18 and have
              never
              because
              (yes,
              always), and do not engage in distractive activities like singing along to the radio, eat or drink, or (god forbid) look at a map while I am driving, etc., etc. I think it would be far more productive to teach youngsters to pay
              attention
              react
              when the "ENEVITABLE" out of control situation occurs. SD
              What do you do for excitement?

Comment

OT - causes of death

never
                because
                (yes,
                always), and do not engage in distractive activities like singing along to the radio, eat or drink, or (god forbid) look at a map while I am driving, etc., etc. I think it would be far more productive to teach youngsters to pay
                attention
                react
                when the "ENEVITABLE" out of control situation occurs. SD
                Defensive driving is the most important part of driving. The woman that
                was making a left turn and had her wheels turned in anticipation killed
                herself, some parents and half the schools girls soccer team when a drunk
                hit her in the rear. The van automatically started turning left, flipped on
                it's left side and burst into flames. One example.
                What do you do when you meet another vehicle going the wrong way on the
                Interstate? I've had it happen 5 times and only wrecked once. **** guy was
                drunk and kept countering my evasive moves. I turned a headon into a
                sideswipe. Never blink your lights at night, blast your horn etc. Stay in
                the right lane, slow way down but keep enough speed to maneuver and prepare
                to take off cross country if you have to.
                Or the man fleeing the police and swung into the oncoming traffic that
                was stopped for a red light. I was third in the intersection and he hit me
                in the side. It was night and I was the third into the intersection but now
                have a habit of looking both ways before entering. Cop said that he was
                doing over 80 when he swung out. I hit the throttle and threw my arms thru
                the steering wheel and pulled back as hard as I could. He hit me square in
                the rear wheels, knocked out my rear end and broke it in half. We lived.
                Wiped out a grocery store though. Went right thru the front window.
                Eventually most drivers will get into a wreck or have close calls. Lots
                of drunks or worse on the road and many old people who are slow reacting.
                Example. Yesterday I drove to Globe from Young, Arizona. It is a state
                highway. I met a number of people coming toward me around curves on the
                wrong side of the road and the worst was two quads that came off a trail to
                my right and turned toward me. I saw that they were not stopping for the
                road and immediately slowed. They turned into me and were chatting and
                watching each other instead of the traffic. Close call for them.
                Experience level? I was driving trucks on the open road at 15 (they were
                more lax then) and am now 73 and still living.

Comment

OT - causes of death

"Casey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
                  news:[email protected] ..
                  Shashay Doofray said for all posterity...
                  > Every car (or truck) I've ver driven, I knew how it felt, *before*
                  I
                  >needed to know.I alwayus had at least a pretty good idea where the >edge of control was. Most teens are killed/injured becaus ethey have >*no* knowledge of where that edge is. Worse, they have never >experienced loss of control. When it happens, they panic, because
                  they
                  >don't recognize it in time. Odd. I am 48 years old and have been driving since I was 18 and have
                  never
                  because
                  I do not drive like a moron.
                  I actually drive the posted speed limit (yes, always),
                  Hopefully in the right lane so I can blow past you.
                  and do not engage in distractive activities like singing along to the radio,
                  I don't consider that a distraction... unless my singing is so horrible that it distracts someone else within earshot.
                  eat or drink, or (god forbid) look at a map while I am driving, etc., etc.
                  I guess reading the newspaper while eating a doughnut and drinking coffee would be a no-no in your book? Casey "It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser."
                  Awhile back a boat came loose and fell off the trailer, skidded across
                  the median and hit a car head on. True story.

Comment

Working...
                  X