Untimely Paychecks Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Untimely Paychecks Iowa

Is there a law protecting employees who don't receive their paychecks on time? I have a friend who receives his paycheck late every pay period, and sometimes a week late. They are suppose to be paid on the 5th and 20th of each month and the employer refuses to do direct deposit and hands or mails the checks out. Is there anything that says they need to be mailed or deposited in their bank on the pay date?

Youir friend can reference the information here http://www.iowaworkforce.org/labor/wage.htm
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

An employer must pay employees no less frequently than twice per month on regularly
      spaced pay days designated by the employer. An employer must pay employees within 12
      days, excluding Sundays and legal holidays, of the end of the pay period. Iowa Stat. 91A.3
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

It's possible for you to call the bank the check is drawn on and 'verify funds' to see if the check is good at the moment. Is the bank in your city? You could take the checks to his bank and cash them.

But I also questioned you mentioning that everybody else is still getting paid. Are your checks cut on a different bank account then theirs?

Comment

Originally posted by fensh View Post
          It's possible for you to call the bank the check is drawn on and 'verify funds' to see if the check is good at the moment. Is the bank in your city? You could take the checks to his bank and cash them.

But I also questioned you mentioning that everybody else is still getting paid. Are your checks cut on a different bank account then theirs?
          The OP isn't talking about their own pay checks but a friend's checks. Also, I don't see where the OP came right out & said the friend is the only one getting paid late.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Forgive me Betty...I replied on the incorrect thread.

Comment

Originally posted by fensh View Post
              Forgive me Betty...I replied on the incorrect thread.
              Ok......... Betty3

Comment

Working...
              X