This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my boss embezzling my money?

Allright, I started this job about a year ago and Im kind of a workaholic.

I don't take lunch or breaks.

I just found out today that my boss has been removing 30 minutes from each day that I work regardless of me never taking a lunch.

I'd also like to add that at this job I usually only work 4-6 hours a day, 3-5 days a week(part time 15-20 hours a week).

Do you think I can get this money that in my opinion is owed to me? Or have I basically been working for free?

Ia. doesn't require any meal or rest breaks for adults (only minors under 16).
    However; if your employer requires you to take a meal and/or rest break, you
    need to take them unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary.
    If you don't take them, you can be disciplined up to & including termination.

However; if you are a non-exempt employee, you must be paid for all hours/
    time worked. If you don't get paid for this time by your employer, you can file
    a wage claim with your state's "DOL."
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

http://www.iowaworkforce.org/labor/w...orm3096058.pdf

(claim form & info re filing wage claim)
      Last edited by Betty3; 09-19-2011, 07:51 PM.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X