This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paid for hours worked Iowa

I recently got hired on as a truck driver for a local demolishing excavating company.We were told at a meeting last friday that we would not be paid for the hours it takes to return from job sites.Example I work on a project 90 minutes from the shop so I will not be paid for the 90 minutes it takes me to drive the tractor trailer back to the shop each night.Is this legal.

Don't think so, no.

http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.34.htm
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Absolutely not legal, use the link provided by Betty, good luck in getting this resolved with your employer.
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Working...
      X