This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get my job back? / Iowa

I have had some personal issues (ie: divorce, ex cut brake lines on my car, slashed tires, broke into my apt). I have been seeing a doctor who has diagnosed me a clinically depressed. I have been off work for a total of 4 weeks. Each week I see my doctor and counselor. My doctor faxes medical papers each week to a 3rd party that approves my leave (not my employer). This last week my employer fired me for 2 days of no call no show. The 3rd party said they did not receive the paperwork from the doctor for me. I have proved to my employer and the 3rd party that the paperwork was faxed, but my employer says that they will not recind the termination. Do have have any recourse to get my job back?

Who is this third party that your dr. faxes your medical hx to & that approves your leave?

Did you qualify for FMLA leave? (Please let me know if you don't know what FMLA is.)

Thanks.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

They handle medical/FMLAs for various companies. I didn't qualify for FMLA because I have been with my company for less than 1 year.
      Last edited by cbg; 09-09-2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I deleted the actual name. We don't need that and it's safer for you if you don't post it.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain lover View Post
          Do have have any recourse to get my job back?
          I don't see where you do since FMLA does not apply - it would have given you 12 wks. of unpd. job protected leave.

(unless you have a binding employment contract or CBA offering some type of job protected leave)
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X