This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out in Iowa

The company i work for and our union, (i am a member), could not come to an agreement on our contract proposal, so the company decided to lock us out. We tried to file for a continuance of work for another couple weeks but they turned it down. It has been 6 days so far, with no end in sight. We do have a federal mediator in town but it looks like neither side wants to budge.

My question is if this lasts awhile, how long does the company have to hold your job for you?

I have heard differing opinions, one saying a year, one saying 2 months. I want a better proposal from the company, and will stand strong with the union, but don't want to lose my job.

Originally posted by hard workin View Post
    The company i work for and our union, (i am a member), could not come to an agreement on our contract proposal, so the company decided to lock us out. We tried to file for a continuance of work for another couple weeks but they turned it down. It has been 6 days so far, with no end in sight. We do have a federal mediator in town but it looks like neither side wants to budge.

My question is if this lasts awhile, how long does the company have to hold your job for you?

I have heard differing opinions, one saying a year, one saying 2 months. I want a better proposal from the company, and will stand strong with the union, but don't want to lose my job.
    *PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE*

You asked this same question in a different thread. I am not sure what answer that you are looking for. THere is no bright line time limit for a lock out. If the lock out is legal, it can last for a significantly longer period of time than either 2 months or 1 year.

If you do not believe this answer, feel free to contact the on-duty officer for the nearest officer of the National Labor Relations Board. You can find offices and telephone numbers at www.nlrb.gov

Mr. Pink

Comment

Working...
    X