This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Call Iowa

Can a retail employer require a part time employee to be "On Call" and make themselves available to work?

Short answer is "yes". Whether or not you must be paid for the on-call time depends on the extent to which your personal activities are restricted.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

On Call

Thanks for the response,

Can the employer require the part time employee to find someone else to cover for them?

Thanks again

Comment

I hear about this a lot and, although I don't think it should have to be the employee's responsibility to find a replacement (that's what supervisors and managers do), it is not illegal to require it.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Warrior, if you have a question, please start your own thread instead of hijacking one four years old.

Comment

Working...
          X