No announcement yet.

Bad Boss (possible lawsuit)

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Boss (possible lawsuit)

My wife has worked for a hospital for almost 4 years. My wife feels she has been harassed over the past few months by her boss. her boss would pick on her and reprimand her for the same things others could do. She recently took a maternity leave. When she returned on her first day after being there for only 10 minutes, she was completely berated in front of everyone in her office by her boss. She was completely embarassed by this and told her boss she was resigning. I now have 2 questions:
    1. Is it possible to recieve unemployment benefits?
    2. Could she get anything from a harassment lawsuit?

Based on what you have posted, no and no. No laws require bosses to be nice people and feeling picked-on does not constitute good cause to quit and be eligible for unemployment benefits.

mayby and yes
      yes being the fact if she can provide proof or a few wittnesses that she was the only one he verbally attact and that it was frequent she could win a law
      suit aginst them and in doing so could be given the option of returning or collecting unemployment at the companies expence plus there could be damage pay for mental distress

Wrong again, David.

You will either stop posting incorrect information or your membership here will be terminated.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.