This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illinois parental rights

I am single 24 year old male in Springfield, Illinois and i was wondeirng what are or how do I give up the rights to a unborn baby, Long story short i was messing around with this girl that is a few years older than me ,,,i didnt even know her last name, she does this messes around quit abit from what i hear ,,but she call me the other day to tell me she is pregnant ok she is due in July, dont know if its mine , she wants me to take a dna test ..ok i will when baby is here. but i dont want to have anything to do with this girl or the child it was a freak accident , i am now with a girl and she is pregnant we planned this one , and first thing she asked when we got together if i had children , i said no ,,didnt know i would have one pop up , so i havent even told her about this,,,and i dont wanna pay child support to this child of the first girl either, i woudl rather give up all my rights as a father to this child in my best interst of the baby. What should i expect if she takes me to court?

Originally posted by vanilla
    I am single 24 year old male in Springfield, Illinois and i was wondeirng what are or how do I give up the rights to a unborn baby, Long story short i was messing around with this girl that is a few years older than me ,,,i didnt even know her last name, she does this messes around quit abit from what i hear ,,but she call me the other day to tell me she is pregnant ok she is due in July, dont know if its mine , she wants me to take a dna test ..ok i will when baby is here. but i dont want to have anything to do with this girl or the child it was a freak accident , i am now with a girl and she is pregnant we planned this one , and first thing she asked when we got together if i had children , i said no ,,didnt know i would have one pop up , so i havent even told her about this,,,and i dont wanna pay child support to this child of the first girl either, i woudl rather give up all my rights as a father to this child in my best interst of the baby. What should i expect if she takes me to court?
    Ok one, i think you should peruse all the cases before this one just to get an idea of what you're about to get yourself into.

Two until dna is proven you owe nothing to this child.

Three, i think you should let your new girlfriend know what she will be up against. The first child that is seen as yours in the courts eyes will be getting your money.

Four once child is here, please consult with an attorney. It will be a very bumpy ride for the next 18 years if you are indeed the first girl's child's father.

Comment

ok so, if i am the father of the first child then after the dna is done and shows proof i am the father i will have to pay support,,,starting then , but even if i dont sign the birth certificate,now say on anew note that the mother will agree with me , that i can relingush all my rights then am i still liable to pay child support ,,,if the girl i am with now that is pregnant with my baby finds out about this she will leave me ....she doesnt want any momma drama stuff ,,,but i didnt know in the first palce or i would have been straight with her fromt he beginning. so i know she has a lawyer the first girl and she told em the other day i need to write a note and send it to her and sign it saying i want to give up my parental rights as a father , now what does she mean by that , is she workign with me ,,,or against me ,.

Comment

ok so, if i am the father of the first child then after the dna is done and shows proof i am the father i will have to pay support,,,starting then , but even if i dont sign the birth certificate,now say on anew note that the mother will agree with me , that i can relingush all my rights then am i still liable to pay child support ,,,if the girl i am with now that is pregnant with my baby finds out about this she will leave me ....she doesnt want any momma drama stuff ,,,but i didnt know in the first palce or i would have been straight with her fromt he beginning. so i know she has a lawyer the first girl and she told em the other day i need to write a note and send it to her and sign it saying i want to give up my parental rights as a father , now what does she mean by that , is she workign with me ,,,or against me ,.
        Normally in order for a father to relinquish his rights, a step parent needs to be able to adopt that child. Is that the case with the woman of the first baby? The thing is if the dna proves you are the father, you ARE the child's biological father. Therefore you will be responsible for this child financially.

http://www.ilchildsupport.com/

Take a look at the site and read up because you will need a lot of info.

and if the baby's mother that is due in July goes to court and request child support she will be paid out first. So read up as much as you can please. It's unfortunate another child will have issues with not having a father in their life.
        Last edited by Tahari; 04-24-2006, 08:11 AM.

Comment

The most simple answer to all of your questions is that until the baby is born and you are declared the LEGAL father, nothing can be done, either way. Once the baby is here and everybody is on the same page, even if you and the mother agree to terminate your rights, the JUDGE will have to make the final decision. As to how a certain judge will rule, nobody can answer that. I know that is not making you feel better, but that is all anyone can say.

Your girlfriend deserves to know what is happening. If you love and respect her, love and respect her enough to make an informed decision about her future.

When is each baby due? I ask, because, if you are found to be the father of the other baby ( not the the planned one) you will be responsible for child support, if the judge does not agree to let you tpr. Which ever child is ordered to recieve support first is awarded the higher amount of support.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

the girl i am with is due in october this year

Comment

so in another instance should i give them a dna sample,,,or will i get in trouble for that. i have no clue i am scared to see what happens either way

Comment

so in another instance should i give them a dna sample,,,or will i get in trouble for that. i have no clue i am scared to see what happens either way
                I would be scared too. It's natural especially the fact hat you don't want to be the father, but there is a chance you can be. Once the mother files for support the bio father will be on the hook from the day she filed. So if she filed 2 days after birth, they will be counting from that day even if you don't hit court until 6 months later. I am just giving you the visual of when and how much you or the father will be behind. But as mommy of 4 said at this point you aren't responsible for anything until she brings it to court.
                You aren't responsible until the test shows you are the father.
                Last edited by Tahari; 04-24-2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Do not do anything involving the unplanned child until the child is here and you are supplying a DNA sample to legally prove or disprove that you are the father of the child. You cannot be forced or required to do anything at this point. No money, no baby items, no DNA. Nothing.

I cannot stress enough that you need to talk to your girlfriend. I know it is hard, but it will be much, much worse if she finds out later and realizes that you had known about this other baby for a good while and didn't tell her. Who knows, she may surprise you.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  (unique up on him)
                  (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4
                    Do not do anything involving the unplanned child until the child is here and you are supplying a DNA sample to legally prove or disprove that you are the father of the child. You cannot be forced or required to do anything at this point. No money, no baby items, no DNA. Nothing.

I cannot stress enough that you need to talk to your girlfriend. I know it is hard, but it will be much, much worse if she finds out later and realizes that you had known about this other baby for a good while and didn't tell her. Who knows, she may surprise you.
                    That depends on if she was in the picture while he was with the first baby's mother. It sounds very very sticky.

Comment

no i wasnt with the first mother while with the second lady at all,,,,there was a 3 month difference in between both ..i have been with this new girl since december

Comment

no i wasnt with the first mother while with the second lady at all,,,,there was a 3 month difference in between both ..i have been with this new girl since december
                        and you planned this child within 3 months???? I think you do need to talk to your new girlfriend. It is not going to be easy but you need to let her know because you dont' want it to come back and bite you in the a**

Comment

so if i dont give a dna sample when she wants it before the baby comes is when she wants it,,,,then after the baby gets here it may take awhiel through court to get one done ,,then if i am the father, i will have to pay back pay if she pursues it.! ok well what is the percentage that i will have to pay? and this is even if i dont sign the birth certificate, and i dont want any contact with her.....

Comment

so if i dont give a dna sample when she wants it before the baby comes is when she wants it,,,,then after the baby gets here it may take awhiel through court to get one done ,,then if i am the father, i will have to pay back pay if she pursues it.! ok well what is the percentage that i will have to pay? and this is even if i dont sign the birth certificate, and i dont want any contact with her.....
                            If you are found to be the legal, bilolgical father, the odds of you paying support is 100%. If I am not mistaken, in Il, the only way that your parental rights will be able to be relinquished is if she has been married for at least a year and her husband is willing to adopt the child. I am not 100% certain of this, but am pretty sure that is correct. You can check online for guidelines and requirements of terminating parental rights.
                            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                            (unique up on him)
                            (same way)

Comment

You don't have to sign the bc to be considered the father in court. Once parentage is established via dna or default you will be the father. Now when i mean default i mean if you are served and don't comply, you will be considered the father by default even if you are or are not the father. So please once you're served, do what you have to.

Were you able to go to the site and read up on certain things for your state?

Comment

Working...
                              X