This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Involuntary Termination of Rights Illinois

My ex-husband has not seen our daughter since January of 2003. He pays child support in the amount of 56.77 per week and $9 of that is for $1000+ in arrerage. My husband wants to adopt her and my ex has refused. Can I force him to give her up and if so what is the best plan of attack? Is there a possibility that the judge will force my daughter to see my ex even if she doesn't want to? She is 6 years old. He has a son that he hasn't seen since 12-00 and before that he hadn't seen him since '97. I would really like some help her, I've been lying awake for months thinking about this. Can someone please give me some good advice?

He has paid child support on a regular basis? I would get a lawyer right away. Because he has not had a relationship in 3 years with his daughter. No physical contact. I would check with your state guidelines ASAP. There has to be something you can do.

Comment

If he is paying support, most states consider that contact. You can consult an attorney but being a bad father is usually not enough in and of itself to terminate parental rights of a parent who provides support who does not want the parental rights terminated.

Comment

He doesn't pay the support directly to me. It is taken straight out of his check by the department of public aid. Before the support order started I got nothing during the time when he was only making sporadic visits until he made the actual visit.

Comment

Believe it or not, in many cases this is still considered to be contact. Galling, isn't it?
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Working...
          X